Troopers/Madison Preview LIVE Discussion

More consumers need to understand their OWN audio/video equipment that receives the incoming signals is an important member of the team. Every HDTV can be tweaked for optimum picture. Some spend good money to bring in a professional calibrator to perfectly match their settings, with consideration to the ambient light that surrounds. Others are satisfied to calibrate themselves through trial and error. It takes time. Even then, your own eyes would evaluate the same picture differently than another person sitting in the same room.

Then, of course, there's download speed. I was using between 35-45MB with a newer version router. Naturally, my UHD TV didn't deliver UHD, but the quality reminded me of an upscaled 1080p. It was all very, very good. Certainly better than previous years.

I think some of the quality stutters I noticed were due to the sending equipment and its operators at the stadium. I don't think this was the 'A-Team.' Doubtful the guy in the truck had too much to pick from either.

This was truly a 'Dress Rehearsal' for more than just the corps. I'm not worried by the flaws I was able to see and hear.

Agreed, the shutters seem are in the raw feed I pulled (not streaming) on the highest quality.

I'd imagine it's a combination of the lack of the A-Team, facility and getting used to running the rigs.

Hopefully they add more mics and tweak locations based on how the various corps place their speakers.