Pacific Crest 2015 - "The Catalyst"

Figure they deserve their own thread.........always one of my favorite non finalists.

Scythian Suite, by Prokofiev

Final Fantasy, by Uematsu

Enjoy the Silence, by Gore (Depeche Mode)

Angels in the Architecture, by Ticheli

They did a periscope cast tonight of them rehearsing their closer and doing a full run. First of all, the guy that did the cast is awesome. Answered all sorts of questions people asked. Really nice and chill guy. They're going to have props. sounds like one big one as a centerpiece. It's a 10ft by 10ft by 10ft cube that changes color/shape? Think I caught that right. Sounds really cool. Guard looks like they'll have skirts as they have those rehearsal ones. They didn't play their preshow.

My play by play after about 30 minutes of watching a rehearsal:

Brass sounds great! Show starts out loud and fast with Scythian Suite, good to hear that on the field again. Guard with lots of great unison work. Drill reminds me of some of their really nice stuff from 2010, 2012, and 2013. The Doxology from "Angels in the Architecture" is a woven element throughout the show. I absolutely LOVE the "Liberi Fatali" section from Final Fantasy! Percussion feature to start it out. They're playing nice. Brass has some notes. Drill is clean and well written. Brass hauls it in another drum feature. Drums sound great. Lots of isolation and exposure in the brass in this part, they're hauling butt at the end of this. Absolutely chaotic in a good way. Trumpet soloist to start out the ballad, very mysterious. Absolutely GORGEOUS build to the hit in their ballad. A little lighter in mood. "Angels in the Architecture" opens with a great drum feature. Some Cavies-esque intersecting line drill in there. Very satisfying build to the big moment in that piece, which is given a tastefully different treatment. Glorious. Lots of intersecting triangle/block drill at high velocities. Hauling it again to close out the show.

Seems like a light to dark show, but done in a really fun way. I think this will clean really well, and there's some demand in there. MUCH more impressed than I was last year when I caught theirs the first time. I think I've seen their guard uniform, and paired with those sleek new unis this should be a very visually pleasing presentation. Should be a great show. A lot of the drill obviously centered around the prop to be. Should be great!

• Like 3

Figure they deserve their own thread.........always one of my favorite non finalists.

Scythian Suite, by Prokofiev

Final Fantasy, by Uematsu

Enjoy the Silence, by Gore (Depeche Mode)

Angels in the Architecture, by Ticheli

They did a periscope cast tonight of them rehearsing their closer and doing a full run. First of all, the guy that did the cast is awesome. Answered all sorts of questions people asked. Really nice and chill guy. They're going to have props. sounds like one big one as a centerpiece. It's a 10ft by 10ft by 10ft cube that changes color/shape? Think I caught that right. Sounds really cool. Guard looks like they'll have skirts as they have those rehearsal ones. They didn't play their preshow.

My play by play after about 30 minutes of watching a rehearsal:

Brass sounds great! Show starts out loud and fast with Scythian Suite, good to hear that on the field again. Guard with lots of great unison work. Drill reminds me of some of their really nice stuff from 2010, 2012, and 2013. The Doxology from "Angels in the Architecture" is a woven element throughout the show. I absolutely LOVE the "Liberi Fatali" section from Final Fantasy! Percussion feature to start it out. They're playing nice. Brass has some notes. Drill is clean and well written. Brass hauls it in another drum feature. Drums sound great. Lots of isolation and exposure in the brass in this part, they're hauling butt at the end of this. Absolutely chaotic in a good way. Trumpet soloist to start out the ballad, very mysterious. Absolutely GORGEOUS build to the hit in their ballad. A little lighter in mood. "Angels in the Architecture" opens with a great drum feature. Some Cavies-esque intersecting line drill in there. Very satisfying build to the big moment in that piece, which is given a tastefully different treatment. Glorious. Lots of intersecting triangle/block drill at high velocities. Hauling it again to close out the show.

Seems like a light to dark show, but done in a really fun way. I think this will clean really well, and there's some demand in there. MUCH more impressed than I was last year when I caught theirs the first time. I think I've seen their guard uniform, and paired with those sleek new unis this should be a very visually pleasing presentation. Should be a great show. A lot of the drill obviously centered around the prop to be. Should be great!

Thanks for the write up. I am watching the Monday night rehearsal and think PC is doing a nice job using periscope. Lots of interaction which is very cool. Show is looking great, improved a lot since I saw a run thru last Wed. I really like the ballad!

This should become the best Pacific Crest show to date. Really enjoying what I have seen so far

• Like 1

Pacific Crest had a very solid performance last night at Stanford! Even without their props! Looking forward to seeing how this corps progresses through the season.