2015 Rankings (by most recent score)

The HIGHEST score of the SUMMER, no matter when it was achieved, will determine prelims order.

Yeah... but that is usually achieved during the last weekend of competition. Sometimes a Sunday score goes down, but usually the last weekend there is a bump for everyone. It isn't like someone is going to a higher score two or three weeks earlier... at least, I have never seen one. Maybe this year will be the first.

I realize that does not change your point, just throwing out something as part of the discussion.

In regards to the rankings, it is looking tight at the top for both classes. Very interested to see what Govenaires and CT do with a DCA number in Class A. I am also interested in seeing how much MBI shakes things up in addition to Kidsgrove. Groups that are in the top 5 right now, could find themselves as "low" as 7th soon.

FWIW...

MBI has a phenomenal show. Every bit as interesting as last year's "Supernova" (And that was #### good). Very complex and visually terrific. One of the best guards I have ever seen in a DCA corps.

Edited by Ron H

How ironic that I'm reading this explanation in a thread titled: 2015 Rankings (by most recent score)

I realize that member corps must have voted in the "highest score at anytime" rule, but fail to understand why ... as some have pointed out, shows change, end of season scores historically rise, there's Equal Opportunity Scoring (said in jest), members are added (various talent levels), shows change (yes, I said it again), members leave (various talent levels), smaller panels early in the season ... and on ... and on ...

Oh well ... it's a rule ... I liked the average season score ranking better when it was in place ... I guess anything is better than drawing from a hat ... LOL ...

Can't wait for INFLATO MAN to appear ...

Good luck to all in your march to Labor Day ... thought I's add in a light-hearted response ...

:-)

The HIGHEST score of the SUMMER, no matter when it was achieved, will determine prelims order.

A little surprised by a 'highest score of the season only' determining factor. I see no reason why a show during the last 2 weeks of the season couldn't be structured 'by selective invitation' to encourage an unusually high score for a particular group. Although, I seem to remember the DCA administrators having some authority to determine who is assigned to what show. Anyone know how show assignments work?

Maybe, the 3 corps with the highest seasonal number drawn from a hat would be better.

Aw, why should we care? It's all fixed anyway, right? :devil:

• Like 2

A little surprised by a 'highest score of the season only' determining factor. I see no reason why a show during the last 2 weeks of the season couldn't be structured 'by selective invitation' to encourage an unusually high score for a particular group. Although, I seem to remember the DCA administrators having some authority to determine who is assigned to what show. Anyone know how show assignments work?

Maybe, the 3 corps with the highest seasonal number drawn from a hat would be better.

Aw, why should we care? It's all fixed anyway, right? :devil:

:ninja:

Don't be afraid to count your chickens early, Fred!

Unless you really believe in non-partiality.... (running and hiding now) :tounge2:

Pat

Hey, Pat!

I do believe there is nothing wrong with having a bias, a preferred outcome. My preference would be for the Buccaneers to win every show, and I'm proud to say that!

On the other hand, for those placed in position to judge, determine the fate of others, by wielding ultimate power, I demand impartiality, and accept nothing less. Violators of trust need to be rooted out and, at the very least, have their scheme made extremely difficult to accomplish. I think DCA is much closer to 'purity' than even a few years ago. But, maybe something more is needed . . . . . .

Despite the added expense, I propose, for Championship Finals Only, each caption is judged by 3 individuals, with the average of those 3 scores being the score that counts. I'm guessing this would cost an additional 2-3 thousand dollars. Not only do I believe a sponsor could be found to cover that cost, I would be willing to donate some of the funds to make this happen. Worth it, I think!

Thoughts anyone?

How ironic that I'm reading this explanation in a thread titled: 2015 Rankings (by most recent score)

I realize that member corps must have voted in the "highest score at anytime" rule, but fail to understand why ... as some have pointed out, shows change, end of season scores historically rise, there's Equal Opportunity Scoring (said in jest), members are added (various talent levels), shows change (yes, I said it again), members leave (various talent levels), smaller panels early in the season ... and on ... and on ...

Oh well ... it's a rule ... I liked the average season score ranking better when it was in place ... I guess anything is better than drawing from a hat ... LOL ...

Can't wait for INFLATO MAN to appear ...

Good luck to all in your march to Labor Day ... thought I's add in a light-hearted response ...

:-)

Years ago it WAS an averaged score in the month of August but it was changed to the highest score of the season to be fair to the corps from out of region since they didn't always have a chance to compete and get a score in August due to their geography.

Just a FYI

In 2009, as I understand it, Renegades got permission from DCA to engage a panel of judges to evaluate a late-August west coast show in which they were the only competitor (although someone else--Freelancers?--performed in exhibition), so that they'd have a DCA score to seed them in Prelims, because otherwise they'd have had to go on first.

• Like 1

So where is the latest ranking for DCA? I don't even see it on DCP anymore, just DCI rankings!