2015 Rankings (by most recent score)

I prefer the earlier start to prelim's then all corps get to go on in daylight .

I prefer the earlier start to prelim's then all corps get to go on in daylight .

The old days. Good and/or bad. LOL.

I'm just happy that since 1989, it's been two-day format.

The old "prelims and finals on the same day" format was tough. I'm not sure I ever saw a corps really do two great performances in one day, of the corps which moved on to Finals those years.

• Like 2

The old days. Good and/or bad. LOL.

I'm just happy that since 1989, it's been two-day format.

The old "prelims and finals on the same day" format was tough. I'm not sure I ever saw a corps really do two great performances in one day, of the corps which moved on to Finals those years.

it was a blessing. I remember 88 when it rained overnight into Sunday and some corps couldn't stay with everything moved to Monday

That's how 1987 ended.

Yes, 1987. I know it well.

By the way, the advance sale of tickets for 1987 was the biggest advance sale of ALL the Allentown DCA events. Under normal circumstances total Finals attendance would have been huge.

it was a blessing. I remember 88 when it rained overnight into Sunday and some corps couldn't stay with everything moved to Monday

What a mess that year. Both shows on Monday. Yikes.

I had just started a job at a radio station at the Jersey Shore... morning news, with my workday starting at around 4:30 AM... and had to pull teeth just to get Labor Day Monday off.

So after Finals, left Hershey at about 11 PM... drove like a madman to home in NJ... got about an hour or so of sleep... got up and drove to the station in Long Branch.

I've had better days on the air. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

I don't see anyone moving into the top 5 slots or dropping out of the top 5

That's not how this works . That's not how any of these things work.

You guys seem to be on top of it already, but I have updated the original post now:

Thanks for your efforts updating this thread all season, Spandy.

• Like 2