2015 Rankings (by most recent score)

Check again. There is a "communication" line on their recap and that does not exist on DCI sheets. I know that means their score went down, but I would image they did not have necessarily a bad run. It is very difficult to place groups accurately, score-wise when there is no one else. Not to mention DCI judges whether we want to believe it or not have a difficult time judging a DCA groups simply because they are exposed to a much higher quality on a regular basis due to the superior amount of rehearsal hours a junior corps receives. It will be fun to see what the MBI and the Govies get with an actual DCA panel. Until then, we wont' really know for sure.

With that being said, we might be able to compare Alliance with them when Alliance performs at the Dome. It will be similar situation... albeit different weeks, so maybe not.

may want to click the link on the DCi scores page to the recap for Govies. ......they got scores for conmmunication, so nmo, it's entirely possible that's not why their score went down.

now for a corps their size, is performing in a huge B1G stadium a possible communication issue? yes, but they looked great online. The only thing different was that brass and percussion were on the field as DCi didn't move them upstairs as DCA does.

Rank - Latest Score - Date and Location of Latest Score (Change from, and date of previous score)

Open Class:

1 - 86.45 - Reading Buccaneers - 7/25 Downingtown PA (+3.85 - 7/11)

2 - 84.10 - Hawthorne Caballeros - 7/25 Bayonne NJ (+2.00 - 7/11)
3 - 84.05 - Cadets² - 7/25 Downingtown PA (+5.60 - 7/11)

4 - 81.65 - Fusion Core - 7/25 Bayonne NJ (+3.00 - 7/11)

5 - 79.70 - White Sabers - 7/25 Downington PA (+12.45 - 6/27)

6 - 75.90 - Connecticut Hurricanes - 7/25 Downingtown PA (+6.15 - 7/11)

7 - 75.55 - Bushwackers - 7/25 Downingtown PA (+7.35 - 7/11)
8 - 74.95** - Kidsgrove Scouts - 7/25 Leicester England (+1.00 - 7/4)
9 - 74.10* - Minnesota Brass - 6/29 Mankato MN

10- 73.80 - Long Island Sunrisers - 7/25 Bayonne NJ (+5.25 - 7/11)

11- 71.50* - Carolina Gold - 7/25 Atlanta GA (+4.50 - 6/27)

11- 71.50 - Skyliners - 7/25 Downingtown PA
13- 68.90* - Atlanta CV - 7/25 Atlanta GA (-3.35 - 6/27)

Class A:

1 - 65.10 - Excelsior - 7/25 Downingtown PA

2 - 63.40* - Alliance - 7/25 Atlanta GA - (+2.20 - 6/28)

3 - 61.95* - Govenaires - 7/11 Minneapolis MN (-4.45 - 6/29)

4 - 53.25* - Cincinnati Tradition - 7/25 Hamilton OH (+16.55 - 6/22)

5 - 51.20* - Kilties - 7/25 Oregon WI (+1.05 - 7/5)

x - Chops

x - Erie Thunderbirds

*score from a DCI show

**score from a DCUK/DCE show

Lots of new scores tonight! Everybody but MBI, Kidsgrove, Govies, Chops, and Erie

Governaires (65.25) and Minnesota Brass (77.00) received scores at the DCI show in St. Paul last night (July 31). They are scheduled for tonight's DCI show in Forest City, as well.

I am pretty sure everyone whose last score was a DCI score will see great improvement tonight with DCA judges. MBI and Kidsgrove will be the only ones without a DCA score after tonight. While last night was somewhat local for Govies and MBI a Friday night show is usually pretty tough for a DCA corp. After tonight the southern corps and Class A should be reasonably positioned score wise and we will have our first semi-clear picture of what the races will be until Labor day.

Governaires (65.25) and Minnesota Brass (77.00) received scores at the DCI show in St. Paul last night (July 31). They are scheduled for tonight's DCI show in Forest City, as well.

Slight gains by both Govies (66.25) and MBI (77.55) at the Forest City DCI show tonight (Aug. 1). It's curious that, on completely different scales at the same show, MBI and SCVC got almost the same score.

I'll simply say this. After seeing MBI and Govies at the DCI Minnesota show on July 11th, the performances from both corps last Friday at the DCI show in St. Paul were astoundingly better. MBI has the best color guard I have ever seen from them in late July. (Actually, I think this is the best color guard I have ever seen in DCA, period.) Percussion is tops. Horns have dramatically improved.

MBI is undoubtedly a contender. That show is something else.

Edited by Ron H
  • Like 1

Kilties and Alliance in an effective dead heat ATM, No recent number for Govies, CT not far back from Kilties and Alliance... other 3 in a tangle of tight numbers.

This could get rather interesting by Finals weekend, quite interesting.