Live from Wildwood

Doesn't matter ... big people are still going to look big and short people are going to look short. It's not like its junior corps kids that transform over the summer to the ultimate body type the uniform is being cut to. They will be tailored and fitted to the 2015 corps, the 2016 Cabs will be totally different. That's why I think you're reading to much into the cut of uniform for this particular part of the world.

In the ever changing world of DCI were the uniform companies are treating the corps proper almost as a cast -sort of like the guard- uniforms are morphing year after year. Do you want to look like someone from Iowa or maybe a little more streamlined to the tastes of todays designs?

Do you uniforms attract membership?

Again, I'm glad they tried something new. Just seems a little bland and cookie cutter. I believe the Hawthorne Caballeros are a high profile brand and a #### good one at that. They are ambassadors of the activity, a link to the past and they are forging path to the future - I think they deserve the best. Maybe more is to come for the uniform. Texture, color, maybe the chain thing is an incomplete thought. Here's to something that is as dynamic as the Caballeros past and hopefully future.

... not sure how I feel about the "Cop Hat." At least the DCA corps had some resemblance of tradition. Good thing? Maybe. You might remember this day as "How to Mothball Your Cop Hat" a conversation for band nerds :mellow:

Ao

Not sure if this was mentioned but the chains are for the show Unchained and the members use them during the show. Not a permanent thing.

hope you all can come out and see the show live. I believe you will be entertained.. For the right money we might even do it undressed..(ok no we wouldn't)

Hard to believe we are still discussing Cabs' uniforms. They hoisted three snare drummers up on trapezes for Heaven's sake! LOL. (JK). Anyway, as far as the observation that the new unis aren't Spanish... I'm not so sure. They aren't "Caballero," as in "Gentleman." But I see very distinct Conquistador influences in the current (not necessarily permanent) uni. I mean, I think we can all agree that if that is their intent - and why wouldn't they want to dress in the style of Conquerors for this show? - they obviously can't wear metal armor. But I can definitely see the influence in the current uni. The uni, by the way, was designed by a company that makes it's living by designing guard uniform (see the program). What that says to me is that it's built for speed and performance. Again... three trapeze frames on the field. Coincidence? Probably not.

• Like 1

Hard to believe we are still discussing Cabs' uniforms. They hoisted three snare drummers up on trapezes for Heaven's sake! LOL. (JK). Anyway, as far as the observation that the new unis aren't Spanish... I'm not so sure. They aren't "Caballero," as in "Gentleman." But I see very distinct Conquistador influences in the current (not necessarily permanent) uni. I mean, I think we can all agree that if that is their intent - and why wouldn't they want to dress in the style of Conquerors for this show? - they obviously can't wear metal armor. But I can definitely see the influence in the current uni. The uni, by the way, was designed by a company that makes it's living by designing guard uniform (see the program). What that says to me is that it's built for speed and performance. Again... three trapeze frames on the field. Coincidence? Probably not.

Still talking?..lol..it's only been 2 days. This can go on all season if not into the next..lol

Most uniforms today are made for the very reasons you said and also not to last for decades. i dont think the issue with some is change , as I said last years uniform tops were so freakin great, contemporary, different, unique, fresh and new , a home run, this? not so sure yet

So it's better than what it was? Perfect!

#winning

AoE

to me as someone who could have been a member....yes.

I get that the old was iconic. But the construction of it, and how it made people look had become a liability. Larger people stuck out, shorter/thinner people disappeared. With tight intervals, the flaps could hit each other as people passed by, making it look dirty. and legion is the stories of the work done to uniforms week in and week out so they stayed on people's bodies.

This is something the corps has been dealing with since 93 when they threw on the vests. The uniforms could be unflattering to members of all sizes. And with the visual craziness of today, they weren't made for that. Don't think they haven't put in a lot of thought to it. Sure they knew it may irritate people. But at some point, buckling to tradition just because it's tradition can kill a corps.

Ask Sky

• Like 3

Still talking?..lol..it's only been 2 days. This can go on all season if not into the next..lol

Most uniforms today are made for the very reasons you said and also not to last for decades. i dont think the issue with some is change , as I said last years uniform tops were so freakin great, contemporary, different, unique, fresh and new , a home run, this? not so sure yet

and Sky hasn't come out in their new ones yet!

:ninja:

and Sky hasn't come out in their new ones yet!

:ninja:

lol..true BUT unless Sky's new unis are something out of project runway, lol i don't think it would cause nearly as much talk. It's not a Sky bash just that, although iconic in look something new and fresh can certainly still say sky. In fact i can see Sky in cabs uniform with the Sky shako..lol..maybe thats the point