DCI Live! 2015 Status and Assistance

dci.org app was the only way I could watch this on my TV. Desktop/laptop is great, but I want it on the surround sound and big screen. once the chat guy told me the app was on iTunes, I downloaded it and stopped cursing DCI's name :)

I'm a bit nervous to come off as the tech dummy in the room and the above post confuses me, so please be gentle. I have Apple TV - can I download an app that will stream dciLive to that device?

Last night I found myself having to hook up my Macbook to my TV via video output and then I had to connect to the sound system via Bluetooth. It was clunky, but it did the job. I'd like to avoid that next time, since there is not yet a solution that allows iPad to deliver via airplay.

I'm a bit nervous to come off as the tech dummy in the room and the above post confuses me, so please be gentle. I have Apple TV - can I download an app that will stream dciLive to that device?

Last night I found myself having to hook up my Macbook to my TV via video output and then I had to connect to the sound system via Bluetooth. It was clunky, but it did the job. I'd like to avoid that next time, since there is not yet a solution that allows iPad to deliver via airplay.

DCI as of last night released an iPad/iPhone App, "DCI.org" that allows you to watch the livestreams on iPad or iPhone, which means you should be able to watch them via AirPlay if you have an Apple TV! If you don't know how to set up AirPlay, I can write up a more detailed explanation for you!
  • Like 1

DCI as of last night released an iPad/iPhone App, "DCI.org" that allows you to watch the livestreams on iPad or iPhone, which means you should be able to watch them via AirPlay if you have an Apple TV! If you don't know how to set up AirPlay, I can write up a more detailed explanation for you!

Can you do that please.

It is a shame that the DCI.org app isn't available across all platforms (Windows, Android). From a development perspective it is not that difficult to publish on all platforms... even streaming video (Look at the Drumscorps app as an example). Again.. it isn't really that hard.

In the credit where credit is due department, DCI Foxboro stream pretty good for the most part. Very few glitches. Not 100 percent but generally worked fine for me. Anyone else same?

what year is your macbook?

in the upper right where the WiFi indicator is located, to the left of that, is there a rectangle with a triangle at the bottom? If there is, you can click it and connect to your apple tv via AirPlay. Then you just change your tv input from your cable box (I assume) to your apple tv, the same way as if you were switching your tv to watch something on a DVD player you have hooked up.

Alternatively, looks like the new app will do the trick and let you watch on the iPad and send to the tv via AirPlay.

In the credit where credit is due department, DCI Foxboro stream pretty good for the most part. Very few glitches. Not 100 percent but generally worked fine for me. Anyone else same?

I had a couple instances where it went blurry for a few seconds, but other than that it was great.

I usually had the occasional blurriness on the fan network too

Can you do that please.

So make sure that both the apple TV and your iPad/iPhone are connected to the same wifi network. Then, make sure your apple TV is on (Just hit any button on the remote and it should turn on) and set your TV input to the apple TV. Next go to the DCI.org app on your iOS device, in the top left corner hit the three horizontal bars, and select Live. You can then select either the multi-cam feed or the high cam, whichever you want. There will probably be some sort of 15 second ad, but after the add, in the right corner there should be a rectangle with a triangle on the bottom pointing up. tap this, and it should give list your iphone and the apple TV. Just tap the apple tv option and it should start playing on your apple tv!