DCI Live! 2015 Status and Assistance

I'm wondering the same thing. Also, will the DCI Live broadcast be the fully produced version shown in theaters or performance only with no commentary?

Sadly they usually do stop the Live broadcast once BLL starts - but hoping they don't this year since I live outside of the USA so no cinema showing BLL

Edited by DCI-86

, will the DCI Live broadcast be the fully produced version shown in theaters or performance only with no commentary?

Great question !

Hope somebody here might know.

Just checked with DCI myself a few minutes ago..... for those that subscribe to the Live Streams, you will NOT be receiving the theatre version. No Commentary. Good, bad or indifferent, they'll be no Rondo, Dennis, Cesario, et al.

I might just go with my friends then to the Cinema for the Thursday, Quarterfinals.( and watch the Semi's, Finals via the computer hook up to the home TV screen )

Brasso,

Will the LIVE still get the video/audio feed of the performances themselves though? Just not the commentary?

Or does it "go dark" like it did with the old Fan Network?

2015 DCI Live! World Championship Bundle - $79.95

3 days of World Championship events including the Prelims*, Semifinals and Finals
Bundle costs less than a value-priced ticket for each event!

*Prelims webcast includes only the first 25 competing corps prior to the start of the Big, Loud & Live cinema event in movie theaters nationwide.

2015 DCI Live! World Championship Bundle - $79.95

3 days of World Championship events including the Prelims*, Semifinals and Finals

Bundle costs less than a value-priced ticket for each event!

*Prelims webcast includes only the first 25 competing corps prior to the start of the Big, Loud & Live cinema event in movie theaters nationwide.

There's your answer. You get the Open Class corps and the lower portion of World Class. Spirit of Atlanta will be the last corps you see, with Troopers starting the theater show.

9:00 a.m. – Welcome and Anthems

9:17 a.m. – Open Class 17th

9:34 a.m. – Open Class 16th

9:51 a.m. – Open Class 15th

10:08 a.m. – Open Class 14th

10:25 a.m. – Open Class 13th

10:42 a.m. - Intermission (17 Min.)

10:59 a.m. – Open Class 12th

11:16 a.m. – Open Class 11th

11:33 a.m. – Open Class 10th

11:50 a.m. – Open Class 9th

12:07 p.m. – Open Class 8th

12:24 p.m. – Open Class 7th

12:41 p.m. - Intermission (51 Min.)

1:32 p.m. – Open Class 6th

1:49 p.m. – Open Class 5th

2:06 p.m. – Open Class 4th

2:23 p.m. – Open Class 3rd

2:40 p.m. – Open Class 2nd

2:57 p.m. – Open Class 1st

3:14 p.m. - Intermission (30 Min.)

3:44 p.m. – Pioneer

4:01 p.m. – Jersey Surf

4:18 p.m. – Cascades

4:35 p.m. – Pacific Crest

4:52 p.m. – Mandarins

5:09 p.m. – Oregon Crusaders

5:26 p.m. – Spirit of Atlanta

5:43 p.m. – Intermission (57 Min.)

6:30 p.m. – Big, Loud & Live 12 cinema broadcast begins

6:40 p.m. – The Academy

6:57 p.m. – Troopers

7:14 p.m. – Colts

7:31 p.m. – Crossmen

7:48 p.m. – Blue Stars

8:05 p.m. – Boston Crusaders

8:22 PM – Intermission (20 Min.)

8:42 p.m. – Madison Scouts

8:59 p.m. – The Cavaliers

9:16 p.m. – Phantom Regiment

9:33 p.m. – Blue Knights

9:50 p.m. – Santa Clara Vanguard

10:07 p.m. – Bluecoats

10:24 p.m. – Carolina Crown

10:41 p.m. – The Cadets

10:58 p.m. – Blue Devils

11:15 p.m. – Exhibition: Calgary Stampede Show Band

11:28 PM – Last scores announced

Edited by Kamarag

Wonky Sound from Allentown

We’ve had some really good sound from the DCI live events this year. Excepting the events with a single camera locked down on the 50 yard line with the sound coming from the microphone on top of the camera, the rest of the shows featured exceptional audio – near "CD quality" and beautiful sound.

I’ve been running the audio through my stereo receiver with 7 channel equalization and then out to my system speakers, and it has been great.

Then we get to DCI East (I will always call it that) and what a disaster. Friday night was probably the worst audio we’ve had all season. There was a bizarre “overly-compressed” sound to it, like something SCV could create with their Theremin. Horns sounded tinny and channel separation was odd.

I played with the equalization for about an hour before settling on the best settings, and even then the audio stunk. I ended up using the fake surround feature on my receiver to try to get more channel separation, but the horns still sounded wonky.

I spent half an hour in chat with someone explaining the issues. I was hoping it could get resolved before SCV came on. No luck. The person in chat did say that they were talking with the field crew in Allentown and they were hearing the issues as well. That person also assured me that the sound from the stadium was not compressed.

On Saturday, I was hoping the sound issues would have been cleared up, but alas, they weren’t.

I noticed something on Saturday night that I had not seen all season. There were more microphones than the two that usually sit at the 35 yard line directed at the field. This time there was also a microphone on the 50. What’s more, each microphone tripod on the 35s appeared to have two microphones mounted on them, one directed at the field, the other directed toward the crowd.

I’m theorizing that trying to mix all those sources together is what was causing the sound issues on the Allentown DCI Live feed. During a corps performance, you only really need the two microphones directed at the corps to be live; all the other mics are just adding noise. I also think that the mixing in of the microphone on the 50 is responsible for decreasing the channel separation.

All microphone models have different tonal qualities. I think there may have been a little bit of that at play here as well.

This isn’t a rant against the production crew, who I think have done a tremendous job this season. It really has been outstanding. In fact, the excellent sound at the Madison/Troopers free preview is what convinced me to purchase the DCI live package this year.

I am concerned, however, that Allentown may be a preview of the Championship week feed utilizing more than just two microphones and trying to mix all that into the audio feed with the same wonky results.

I’ll be sending a note onto DCI Live, but I’m sure there are people here on DCP who have more insight into this issue than I and can add to the understanding of what went wrong in Allentown.

The $99 package has no asterisk - nor any indication that the prelims video will be shortened in any way.

In fact, the order description leads you to believe that ALL of prelims, semis, and finals are included in the package.

Can someone help confirm that? I can not find a DCI phone number to call.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Wonky Sound from Allentown

We’ve had some really good sound from the DCI live events this year. Excepting the events with a single camera locked down on the 50 yard line with the sound coming from the microphone on top of the camera, the rest of the shows featured exceptional audio – near "CD quality" and beautiful sound.

I’ve been running the audio through my stereo receiver with 7 channel equalization and then out to my system speakers, and it has been great.

Then we get to DCI East (I will always call it that) and what a disaster. Friday night was probably the worst audio we’ve had all season. There was a bizarre “overly-compressed” sound to it, like something SCV could create with their Theremin. Horns sounded tinny and channel separation was odd.

I played with the equalization for about an hour before settling on the best settings, and even then the audio stunk. I ended up using the fake surround feature on my receiver to try to get more channel separation, but the horns still sounded wonky.

I spent half an hour in chat with someone explaining the issues. I was hoping it could get resolved before SCV came on. No luck. The person in chat did say that they were talking with the field crew in Allentown and they were hearing the issues as well. That person also assured me that the sound from the stadium was not compressed.

On Saturday, I was hoping the sound issues would have been cleared up, but alas, they weren’t.

I noticed something on Saturday night that I had not seen all season. There were more microphones than the two that usually sit at the 35 yard line directed at the field. This time there was also a microphone on the 50. What’s more, each microphone tripod on the 35s appeared to have two microphones mounted on them, one directed at the field, the other directed toward the crowd.

I’m theorizing that trying to mix all those sources together is what was causing the sound issues on the Allentown DCI Live feed. During a corps performance, you only really need the two microphones directed at the corps to be live; all the other mics are just adding noise. I also think that the mixing in of the microphone on the 50 is responsible for decreasing the channel separation.

All microphone models have different tonal qualities. I think there may have been a little bit of that at play here as well.

This isn’t a rant against the production crew, who I think have done a tremendous job this season. It really has been outstanding. In fact, the excellent sound at the Madison/Troopers free preview is what convinced me to purchase the DCI live package this year.

I am concerned, however, that Allentown may be a preview of the Championship week feed utilizing more than just two microphones and trying to mix all that into the audio feed with the same wonky results.

I’ll be sending a note onto DCI Live, but I’m sure there are people here on DCP who have more insight into this issue than I and can add to the understanding of what went wrong in Allentown.

I saw the same things. However, that middle mic on the 50 has been at most of the shows as well as two mics placed directly in front of the corps speakers.

I think this week we will be fine, considering that the professionals will be doing all three nights and they will just tap in to that.