Lots O'Fun in O'Fallon - June 23

I would like to see some feedback on Pioneer. The source music is epic and I would luv to hear some commentary about their show from people that were actually there.

Anyone????

I was there.

They were noticeably better than 2014. I couldn't get a great count, but counted 48-52 or so horns. They sounded decent in the lot - they have a much more ambitious book than in the last few years. I was also excited that the show branched out from their typical programming. Man of Steel could be pretty cool by the end of the season.

Did they deserve an 8.6 in brass? Well, it was a rough performance but it is their first show. Plenty of time to improve.

Anything else you'd like to know?

I was there.

They were noticeably better than 2014. I couldn't get a great count, but counted 48-52 or so horns. They sounded decent in the lot - they have a much more ambitious book than in the last few years. I was also excited that the show branched out from their typical programming. Man of Steel could be pretty cool by the end of the season.

Did they deserve an 8.6 in brass? Well, it was a rough performance but it is their first show. Plenty of time to improve.

Anything else you'd like to know?

Did you notice any improvement with their guard? I'll go ahead and assume their drums are fine.

Thank you very much for the feedback. I am really pulling for Pioneer to dig themselves out of the basement. There is very little information other than the source music. However, the source music is intriguing and caught my eye.

• Like 1

Did you notice any improvement with their guard? I'll go ahead and assume their drums are fine.

I'm a brass guy, so the only note I made to myself was "The guard is missing a large chunk of work - they're at right shoulder for a pretty big impact point"

Thank you very much for the feedback. I am really pulling for Pioneer to dig themselves out of the basement. There is very little information other than the source music. However, the source music is intriguing and caught my eye.

They'll do better this year, they're coming out of the gate much stronger than previous years.

My family in Evansville and high school band director from Evansville North will get to see Drums on the Ohio. Thanks for the positive comments about the Cadet horns, mellos, and the blessing of having a child doing DCI. I think about it most all day long 7 days a week. The mellos are definitely veteran heavy laden so I appreciate having my son part of it as a rookie. They put him on first horn part which was a bonus. Need to get over to the other threads now to see what is going on in Evansville the River City. I performed a duet on that same field on my trombone together with a trumpet to Birdland. Jazzed it up and given free reign from my director and had the North HS band behind me. Had a shot to do DCI with The Imperial Guard when they started in Evansville but got side tracked into Chemical Engineering. Now it is a vicarious thing partly, but a little direct involvement in the team when I work the food truck. Everybody pulling together for a common goal. Completely love it.

• Like 2

My family in Evansville and high school band director from Evansville North will get to see Drums on the Ohio. Thanks for the positive comments about the Cadet horns, mellos, and the blessing of having a child doing DCI. I think about it most all day long 7 days a week. The mellos are definitely veteran heavy laden so I appreciate having my son part of it as a rookie. They put him on first horn part which was a bonus. Need to get over to the other threads now to see what is going on in Evansville the River City. I performed a duet on that same field on my trombone together with a trumpet to Birdland. Jazzed it up and given free reign from my director and had the North HS band behind me. Had a shot to do DCI with The Imperial Guard when they started in Evansville but got side tracked into Chemical Engineering. Now it is a vicarious thing partly, but a little direct involvement in the team when I work the food truck. Everybody pulling together for a common goal. Completely love it.

Please tell me you're going to finals.

• Like 1

I spent parts of two seasons on the food truck.

• Like 1

Yes. The wife and I do plan on attending finals in Indianapolis. Saw the Cadets last night fell into the 2nd rank spot so they have some more work to do to convince the judges they deserve it over the BD. How do people usually rendezvous on here? Message out their names and cell phone numbers. Alternative would be to pick a specific spot and time to meet to talk all things DCI.

Yes. The wife and I do plan on attending finals in Indianapolis. Saw the Cadets last night fell into the 2nd rank spot so they have some more work to do to convince the judges they deserve it over the BD. How do people usually rendezvous on here? Message out their names and cell phone numbers. Alternative would be to pick a specific spot and time to meet to talk all things DCI.

Don't worry too much - you won't get a "true" gague on where the Cadets/BD are until next week when they see eachother. It's still very early! Good luck to your son.