Lots O'Fun in O'Fallon - June 23

I still think the lower-end battle will involve more than just the 12th spot. By the end of the season (when all shows are complete, and cleaning has been more uniformly accomplished), I still believe that 9-14 or 10-14 will be one heck of a battle.

I would like for this to be the case, i just don't think that it will happen. By atlanta we will probably know who is safely in, and if we are lucky there will be a battle for 12th.if we are really lucky it'll be like a couple years ago with tenths of a point separating 11-13.

I would like for this to be the case, i just don't think that it will happen. By atlanta we will probably know who is safely in, and if we are lucky there will be a battle for 12th.if we are really lucky it'll be like a couple years ago with tenths of a point separating 11-13.

Cleveland, this is exactly the way it shaped up in 2014, and I would be inclined to agree with you regarding 2015, except that 2015 is starting with a narrower top-to-bottom spread than we saw last year -- the most obvious evidence of that being the overall lower scores, most especially among the top corps. I have no idea what that will mean after 6 weeks, but I want to believe that the judges are deliberately keeping the pack somewhat tighter, at least in the early season, to help keep corps at least somewhat competitive with the others in their respective ranges. This could give different judges time to see more corps in more head-to-head competitions before they start making up their minds where each belongs in the rankings.

Just a theory on my part.

Having these spots separated by tenths of a point are great for the fans, but are a bitter pill to swallow for the kids in the corps. Just ask the Colt kids that lost out on finals by a tenth of a point last year!

• Like 1

Having these spots separated by tenths of a point are great for the fans, but are a bitter pill to swallow for the kids in the corps. Just ask the Colt kids that lost out on finals by a tenth of a point last year!

And 3 tenths of a point in 2009.

I do really really want them to make finals. Of course the question becomes who will miss out.

Thus is a drum corps fans nightmare.

• Like 1

And 3 tenths of a point in 2009.

I do really really want them to make finals. Of course the question becomes who will miss out.

Thus is a drum corps fans nightmare.

I agree with you! I hate to think of who would miss out. I do just really like the depth and story behind the Colts program this year and hope that it works out for them in the end.

• Like 2