Western Corps Connection - Riverside, CA

Scores are up.

BK and PR maintained position, but both dropped slightly. Other corps dropped as well. Some corps increased slightly.

No big jumps.

BD does not break 80.

Santa Clara closed the gap on BD since yesterday. 1.2 behind at this point in the season bodes really well for SCV.

BD 79.4 - 79.85

SCV 77.5 - 78.65

• Like 1

SCV ties for Visual proficiency achievement, and takes back the percussion caption! Largest gap is in brass, where they are 2 points down in content and 4 points down in acheivement. Other than that, they are only one point down in everything except GE1 rep, Visual Proficency Content, Visual Analysis Content, and Color Guard Acheivement. This was the last night SCV and BD compete until July 11th at DCI Minnesota. 1.2 is the smallest spread between them since early 2007!

EDIT: sorry, the spread between BD and SCV was 1.2 at 2013 finals

Edited by Clutchtow
  • Like 1

BD is still narrowly ahead of SCV in almost every subcaption. Which is nice for the gap between SCV and BD, but the problem becomes when bloo, cadets, and crown are introduced. Will rmthose spreads widen? Judges dont like to give out ties, and typically give room so they aren't forced to give higher scores than they deserve. So while i am 100% hoping SCV does top BD this season, i am also cautious. These spreads are narrow but will likely widen not shrink next month.

Alright panel. Time to stop giving PR the benefit of the doubt and lay out the PR/BK thing like it should be.

So, tell me why BK "should be" ahead of PR? PR opened with a spread of over a point, BK closed it and went up by 0.1, then PR regained the advantage and are opening the spread. Are you suggesting a conspiracy? Judges have moved all over their captions, or it's been assigned to a completely different judging panel. Your bias is showing.

There are weeks left in the season. Let's see how things play out.

Garry in Redlands

Yeah, even I'm not complaining. Besides the respect and love I have for PR, BK isn't complete. I have to be honest and say I'm breathing a sigh of relief. With BK still sans closer, I expected the judges to sock it to em. So the fact they're still just tenth apart is shocking and good. It means the judges are rewarding what they see and also saying finish. They (BK) survived and are in good shape while also time to get complete. I for one think that had PR 2 pointed BK I would've understood and had BK beaten them again I'd have been surprised- For now;)

• Like 1

Yeah, even I'm not complaining. Besides the respect and love I have for PR, BK isn't complete. I have to be honest and say I'm breathing a sigh of relief. With BK still sans closer, I expected the judges to sock it to em. So the fact they're still just tenths apart is shocking and good. It means the judges are rewarding what they see and also saying finish. They (BK) survived and are in good shape while also time to get complete. I for one think that had PR 2 pointed BK I would've understood and had BK beaten them again I'd have been surprised- For now;)

I quoted myself.... Interesting