July 4th DCA shows

Thanks LucyGuy didn't think it was on the 4th just remember taking the field with Cabs and as soon as we stepped off the sky's opened all throught our show ,Had a photo of that here at one time ,But when I moved to Florida tons of stuff ended up in the trash LOL

Edited by Florida Sun
  • Like 1

Fish the 1970 Barnum was held on July 11th.

I'm pretty sure it's July 4th.....Don't go by the DCA site...it's far from accurate or complete! Barnum centers on the 4th so anything past the 6th would be way late. I just read an archived article from the Bpt. Post reporting that all 5 corps marched in the Great Street Parade that same morning.

Edited by fish66
  • Like 1

I was going by DCA's site

>>>I'm pretty sure it's July 4th.....Don't go by the DCA site...it's far from accurate or complete! Barnum centers on the 4th so anything past the 6th would be way late. I just read an archived article from the Bpt. Post reporting that all 5 corps marched in the Great Street Parade that same morning.<<<

Definitely July 4, 1970 ... my last appearance in the Barnum parade until 34 years later with the Park City Pride ... HOT ... HUMID ... SWEATY ... no time for the uni's to dry before the show, which was delayed at least three times due to pouring rain ... not pretty at all ...

:-)

Al, I'm sure you loved that parade just as much 34 years later LOL

>>>Al, I'm sure you loved that parade just as much 34 years later LOL<<<

HAHA ... even more ... no more slinging a drum ... just strolling along as one of the DMs

:-)

• Like 1