Pete Weber

How long has Pete Weber been writing for SCV?

I have loved their drill over the last couple of years, and think this year is the best I've ever seen from him. His drill first caught my eye with SCV 2011, and I think it has gotten better each year.

What an asset to SCV, in my opinion.

• Like 1

How long has Pete Weber been writing for SCV?

I have loved their drill over the last couple of years, and think this year is the best I've ever seen from him. His drill first caught my eye with SCV 2011, and I think it has gotten better each year.

What an asset to SCV, in my opinion.

Intervals, intervals, intervals.

I am not a fan of their drill for the past few years.

• Like 3

Intervals, intervals, intervals.

I am not a fan of their drill for the past few years.

Nice of you to answer his question. I can see why you had an issue with that I said earlier on SCV's drill now.

To answer OP's question, I looked on their website and it looks like he became their visual designer in 2006.

Edited by Cappybara

Nice of you to answer his question. I can see why you had an issue with that I said earlier on SCV's drill now.

To answer OP's question, I looked on their website and it looks like he became their visual designer in 2006.

I think I will be able to sleep today.

After all...

DCP is "Drum Cappybara Planet."

• Like 3

Yeah, honestly I don't like much of his stuff. He's got nothing on Myron, but Myron's not doing so well health-wise.

Weber is one of the best in the business. 2011 show was imho one of the best written shows in relation to the music I've seen in a while. It's too bad that the music the show was based on was so out of grasp for a lot of people. And 2011 wasn't one of SCV's best as far as brass goes. Would love to hear this years brass play it. It still remains one of my fav shows

• Like 2

I absolutely love his stuff year in year out. I'd describe as being incredibly organic. 2006 - 2010 ESPECIALLY, 2009 and 2010. I remember Michael Cesario saying is like watching the music, some of the most musical drill ever written. Just gorgeous. He's written a helluva program again this year. 2006 and 2008 are probably my two favorites behind 2010, agree with what was said earlier about them being very Gaines Cavaliers like. One of my favorite writers, take inspiration from him as someone who is trying to get into the drill writing scene. 2010 is one of my favorite drill books, organic in every sense of the word. Some REALLY cool sequences in there. Like this one:

Hard to clean however.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4