(The 4th of Ju)Lynn, MA

Lynn is the city of sin.

" Lynn, Lynn, the City of Sin.

You never come out, the way ya went in. "

Anonymous, from the 1800's or so.

Its a gritty, economically struggling, Industrial City ( like lots of old Mfg towns in the US ). But to its credit, the City completely bulldozed the old Manning Bowl there, and completely rebuilt a brand new stadium, with new fields. Its far, far better now than the veritable dump of a stadium that was there for decades.

Edited by BRASSO

Let's hope Troop has some gas left in the tank tonight. Up at 5 a.m. for a local TV appearance, then the Bristol parade (with Cadets), then another parade at 4 p.m., and OTL at 9:02 p.m.

That there is a long day -- or as they say on the ranch, that horse got rode hard and put away wet.

• Like 2

Let's hope Troop has some gas left in the tank tonight. Up at 5 a.m. for a local TV appearance, then the Bristol parade (with Cadets), then another parade at 4 p.m., and OTL at 9:02 p.m.

That there is a long day -- or as they say on the ranch, that horse got rode hard and put away wet.

I hope none of the horses get wet in Lynn tonite. Its clammy, and skies overcast. Hope no wet from the skies at showtime. It looks pretty good right now however that it won't rain during the show. Opps.. just as I typed that, the clouds opened up, and the sun came out.

ITS A MIRACLE !

Edited by BRASSO

But to its credit, the City completely bulldozed the old Manning Bowl there, and completely rebuilt a brand new stadium, with new fields. Its far, far better now than the veritable dump of a stadium that was there for decades.

But, oh how the sound was projected, especially on a cool evening.

But, oh how the sound was projected, especially on a cool evening.

Yes... I have fond memories there too, Ghost.

Anyone have marching times? Thanks!

" Lynn, Lynn, the City of Sin.

You never come out, the way ya went in. "

Anonymous, from the 1800's or so.

Its a gritty, economically struggling, Industrial City ( like lots of old Mfg towns in the US ). But to its credit, the City completely bulldozed the old Manning Bowl there, and completely rebuilt a brand new stadium, with new fields. Its far, far better now than the veritable dump of a stadium that was there for decades.

i couldn't have said it better. My first assignment was in Lynn and the city had troubles, but it also had pride. Great people, and even though the Manning Bowl is gone, a.k.a the Toilet Bowl both by drum corps and the four high schools of Lynn: Classical, English, Tech, and St. Mary's, it had great shows and lots of great memories for drum corps fans. But instead of writing anymore, I had best get going to Manning Field!

• Like 1

Why is there a show on july 4th? Didn't recently DCI say that corps should not compete on july 4th and just do parades and celebrate the day and stuff?

When and where I grew up (Cretaceous Period, in northwest PA), July 4th was THE time for drum corps. Parade in the morning, show in the afternoon. Back to my grandparents place in time for fireworks over Beaty field. That is how we celebrated the 4th.

When and where I grew up (Cretaceous Period, in northwest PA), July 4th was THE time for drum corps. Parade in the morning, show in the afternoon. Back to my grandparents place in time for fireworks over Beaty field. That is how we celebrated the 4th.

While i dont doubt this is how it was, there also hasn't been a dci show on the 4th since 2007. And it doesn't seem like an accident that the day hasnt been used for competitions.