Clifton 7/5

Crown 3rd in brass. How long was Waymire on staff with Cadets and/or Crown, I wonder....

I have never heard of this judge. Is he one of the many new ones? If so, how is a new judge assigned to a show like this where possibly the top three lines are head to head?

Edited by Geeater

I have never heard of this judge. Is he one of the many new ones? If so, how is a new judge assigned to a show like this where possibly the top three lines are

head to head?

People on this forum have been screaming forever we need new judges. Now we get one (saying he is new) and we are still complaining lol

• Like 1

People on this forum have been screaming forever we need new judges. Now we get one (saying he is new) and we are still complaining lol

###### if you do ###### if you don't. Was thinking the same thing. Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

The funny thing is any "new" judge has been evaluated by the residing judges....So it's not like he/she is pulling a number out of their <bleep>...

• Like 1

###### if you do ###### if you don't. Was thinking the same thing.

Sorry, I should have typed my comment more carefully. I did not mean to suggest Waymire wasn't qualified for the job. I really do want to know how new judges are assigned to certain shows, and yes, those assigned to judge the top groups like what happened at the Clifton show. I was thinking that maybe they slowly introduce them in to it all.

I think the better thing to do would be to see the shows for yourselves live if you have the chance. These hornlines are REALLY good this year. I trusted the judges' judgement when Crown won brass before, I trusted them when BD won brass before, I trusted them when we won brass when I marched Cadets, and I trust them now. Crown or BD may take brass at other shows this year, and I will trust the judges then because that's just how great these lines are this year. All this conspiracy theory crap is really just jealousy.

• Like 4

Sorry, I should have typed my comment more carefully. I did not mean to suggest Waymire wasn't qualified for the job. I really do want to know how new judges are assigned to certain shows, and yes, those assigned to judge the top groups like what happened at the Clifton show. I was thinking that maybe they slowly introduce them in to it all.

Understandable. We type what is spinning in our brain and it sometimes comes out wrong. To answer your question as best I can, it depends on that judges's background, their teaching and judging experiences, the experieces they have in their given caption: performance, analysis, GE.

Personally, I like the idea of new judges going right to the tough calls if they are qualified. I know they also have training and mentors that they consult with before judging.

Actually, I thought the Clifton panel was the first in three New England shows to get one thing correct: 7th Regiment beating Spartans!

I absolutely agree...7th was on another level to their competition around them...

I have never heard of this judge. Is he one of the many new ones? If so, how is a new judge assigned to a show like this where possibly the top three lines are head to head?

I was at the show...I'm not a brass judge by no means....but I had cadets 1st in brass as well...in my mind anyway...of course I wasn't on the field either...