Clifton!

Thanks, Fran.

Sorry about that.

Not to worry, John!!! See you Saturday. Cabs Alumni will rock the house, as usual!!!

Edited by Fran Haring

We are headed down to Clifton, NJ, on Saturday, already have our tickets. Can someone from up in the Hudson Valley or anywhere else, tell me the best way to go? We will get on the NYS Thruway at Newburg, and head south, so far that's correct, but then there are about 10 different ways to get to the stadium and they all include a couple very confusing twists and turns. Anybody got a favorite way to get there?

Thanks a lot , in advance.

• Like 1

We are headed down to Clifton, NJ, on Saturday, already have our tickets. Can someone from up in the Hudson Valley or anywhere else, tell me the best way to go? We will get on the NYS Thruway at Newburg, and head south, so far that's correct, but then there are about 10 different ways to get to the stadium and they all include a couple very confusing twists and turns. Anybody got a favorite way to get there?

GPS

back to Frans original post, predictions!

I say Ditka, 109.

Bucs 84

HC 82

FC 80

C2 78

Sun 76

Bush 74

Hurcs 72

Ditka Cadets,,, dats ah 69.

• Like 1

Well less than 24 hours till the start of one of the longest running shows in DCA.The Grand Prix best to all corps competing there .And best to my Old corps the Sunrisers, I know you will be great tomorrow night winning over many new fans .GO SUN

• Like 1

I recall you recently posted, “There’s a purple intimidator coming up behind them quickly.” SO with that money in the bank, here goes…. LOL so as forever Hudson Valley guy, I’ll offer:

I really think you want to end up Garden State Parkway South to Exit 157 to Rt 46 West to get into Clifton. Caution as once you get there the one-ways, and limited u-turns on 46 when you mess up, and forks, and underpasses will kill ya no doubt, and then the parking is insane so park and walk.

Anyway, all worth it to get to this SHOW DAY.

WAZE and GPS are great as you go but I always like to have a route in mind, so …

1 - From Newburgh area local 9W to US-6 W to Palisades Parkway South to 87 West to Garden State Parkway south. A beautiful ride, and as I always say celebrate The Mighty Hudson. (google map says 1 hr 3 mins if no traffic)

2 - Alternative is the boring NYS Thruway South to 87 East to Garden State Parkway South. (google map says 1 hr 7 mins no traffic)

3 - GPS may take you Thruway to 17 South, but that is the Saturday afternoon tour of a million stores and malls so take yer pick. (google map says 1 hr 6 mins no traffic)

You’re probably not over by Newburgh so option #2 is best for Thruway south.

Let’s hear what you encounter!

Don

-----------

edit...

Ok so I love the mapping tools these days, and normal practice is don’t use my first answer – well established in the 80’s. So now an update.

In #2, 87 to Parkway is a long way East to go.

SO let’s blend #2 and #3.

Now I say 87 to 17 south starting in Mahwah for about 10 miles, to Parkway South entrance just north of Century Road (in Paramus) which is north of Rt 4. (then to Rt 46 exit 157 as above)

You are right – at least 10 ways to go. Directions are tough to give, use the Navigator like others said.

Edited by trptmagnet
  • Like 1

Thank you for the reply, trptmagnet.

We are in the Poughkeepsie, NY area and attend a bunch of shows every summer. We haven't been able to go to Grand Prix in quite a long time due to things that happen in the summer months, but this year we purchased the tickets and made sure everyone in the family knew we would not be available on June 11.

You are correct in saying that the Rt 17 ride is tough, it's worse than getting your finger nails pulled out with clam shells, we do that route twice a year when we go to the shore.

Really looking forward to tonights show to see how everyone has progressed since Wildwood. Good luck to all competeing corps. I think we are in for a real treat when the Cabs & Alumni Cabs come on together.

Best Wishes.