Clifton!

Bush's design team created a show that is a little too tough for them, however they are out there and doing a pretty good job given the circumstances.

The last two seasons, they appeared to have learned from that chronic issue that plagued them for the previous 3-4 seasons. This season, I think a lot of fans were hoping for a real Break-out/Rennaissance kind of season this year for them.

I look forward to getting a good look at then at D-Town and see what's what. A couple of weeks of fixes and solid rehearsal can make a difference.

Dang way to go Fusion Corps.... seem like yesterday I was talking to horn staff (Nicky?) of theirs at Havre de Grace as they were prepping for their first ever show.....

I am hoping to see this get tighter as we get close to the end of the season. Can't use this show as a true barometer. Hawthorne at home will always see things close in all captions. Has to be on a neutral field. How about coming out here to Arizona where no one knows about the Buccaneers, Caballeros, Fusion Corps. etc.etc..etc....lol

• Like 1

I am hoping to see this get tighter as we get close to the end of the season. Can't use this show as a true barometer. Hawthorne at home will always see things close in all captions. Has to be on a neutral field. How about coming out here to Arizona where no one knows about the Buccaneers, Caballeros, Fusion Corps. etc.etc..etc....lol

That would indeed be a neutral, and very warm, field. :tongue:

• Like 2

Way, way too much being made of "Neutral Field" here. Westshore competed at and won contests at places with other corps-Clifton and the Meadowlands being two of them possessing huge "home" advantages for most of the other competitors, including a rather hostile crowd at the Meadowlands at one point.

Granted it was nice to have Hershey, Lewistown, and Lewisburg close by- knowing a lot of out family and friends would be at those shows was good for morale, but I can say it didn't always give us an edge when the scores were read out. 1979 Lewisburg, no home advantage there. DCA Championships at Hershey, certainly and understandably arguable from one point of view, but, I also have my reasons for saying, "no". :satisfied:

I think sometimes folks think the home corps get "breaks" from the panels, they do not. Period. How many times did Empire win in Rochester? If there were a "home advantage" I'd dare to say they would have won at least one more Championship, perhaps more if that were the case...

Edited by BigW
  • Like 2

Based on the recap, it looks like the Bucs guard were juggling bowling balls and spinning rebar!

Unfortunately at times that is what it looked like. I think the guard was cleaner in Wildwood than they were on Saturday evening.

• Like 1

Way, way too much being made of "Neutral Field" here. Westshore competed at and won contests at places with other corps-Clifton and the Meadowlands being two of them possessing huge "home" advantages for most of the other competitors, including a rather hostile crowd at the Meadowlands at one point.

Granted it was nice to have Hershey, Lewistown, and Lewisburg close by- knowing a lot of out family and friends would be at those shows was good for morale, but I can say it didn't always give us an edge when the scores were read out. 1979 Lewisburg, no home advantage there. DCA Championships at Hershey, certainly and understandably arguable from one point of view, but, I also have my reasons for saying, "no". :satisfied:

I think sometimes folks think the home corps get "breaks" from the panels, they do not. Period. How many times did Empire win in Rochester? If there were a "home advantage" I'd dare to say they would have won at least one more Championship, perhaps more if that were the case...

Heh... during my time with Sunrisers, for whatever reason the show in Providence, RI, almost seemed like a home show for us.

Again, for whatever reason, the crowd loved us there. We won that show four times during my six seasons with Sun. Even in our "down" year of the time I was there... 1980... we had a good run that night in Providence.

• Like 2

Red always said the crowd up there loved the Sunrisers more than his own corps ,what a great guy he was ,missed by all who ever knew him .

• Like 2

Hawthorne really sold their show on Saturday night. Reading's horn line just seemed kind of flat. I don't know, maybe they left it on the practice field. I was great to see Sunrisers back with a full complement of horns. Fran did his normal exemplary job, even while dealing with another NJ sound system!

Edited by Oldbuc
  • Like 1