Clifton!

Hmmm ... maybe not blue, but in the mid 60's-mid 70's the Bucs mainly wore white satin blouses with a blue "sparkle" sash ... they switched to blue shakos in 65, which caused all types of comments from fans and alumni ... if I recall correctly, from 57-62, they wore a black vest over powder-blue "puff" sleeved shirts and long blue feather on their black "buccaneer" style hat ... 79 indeed saw the long blue coat introduced, which changed their look drastically ... but, IMO, blue was always a major part of the Buc's identity from a color perspective ...

:-)

Watch the 77 video- the blue is there on the hornline's sashes, but it's really light, the big colors are the black, white, and reds. I think the blue has always been there, but not like it was after they sported the long coats in '79 when it became predominant. That uniform change might have been the best change ever made in DCA history for the better. Really added a lot of elegance to the appearance of the corps.

Jeff, it's funny that you should talk about the color black. Watching all the corps at Clifton Saturday night, I said the same thing. When did black become the official color of DCA :tounge2:

• Like 2