Clifton!

Just returned after a full evening. Watched competing corps from the track, directly behind drum major. Random thoughts . . .

My predicted order would have been

Buccaneers

Caballeros

Fusion

Cadets2

Sunrisers

Hurricanes

Bushwackers

Thought Bucs would have won by about 2.5-3.0. Stunning guard uniform design. Non-stop corps movement. All captions clicking. Cool music.

Cabs strong brass sound, but weak visual, too tight, too often. Wanted to see a little something added to the new uniform, but not yet. More sequins?

Fusion very solid all around, uniforms need a little more 'pop,' overall too dark. OUTSTANDING color guard. Mature brass technique.

Cadets2 best they've ever been. Thought they would be this close to Fusion, but some sloppy marching, Could surprise by Rochester.

Sun much larger and sophisticated, maybe a little weak in upper brass definition. Great looking uniforms. Healthy corps.

Hurricanes sound stronger than corps size, always good guard. Maybe not enough 'corps' to handle those already above, CV, MB, nor Kidsgrove.

Bushwackers small and likely to place about 12th in Rochester.

Almost full capacity crowd. Well run event, as usual.

Disclaimer: Buccaneer alumni, not a musician.

We were in Clifton last night and it was one of the best drum corp events we have attended in a long time. The preshow exhibitions were very enjoyable, most of the corps using G bugles, nothing like that sound. I am not a trained musician, and we are not directly associated with any corps at the show tonight. I leave the scoring to the judges, since they are the professionals, and I don't think I am qualified to say which corps is good or which is bad, however, I am capable of saying what I like. The order of finish for tonights show was what I would have thought it to be.

There is nothing to get excited about in the Bush show. Hurc sounded really good and it appears that they are working hard. The Sun has risen, their show is grat sounding, and the uniforms and drill work well together. Cadets 2 were really on tonight and I don't remember seeing them look any better, I amnot a fan of Russian music, but Cadets2 does know how to deliver it. Fusion was probably the high lite of the show for me. They are constantly improving their music and drill...could use more colorful uniforms. The Caballeros, I admit to being a die hard Cabs fan since 1963 and there is "nothing that they do wrong" and man did they come close tonight. We sat in on their rehearsal most of the afternoon, and they worked their butts off in the hot sun and the work paid off as was evident last night. Go Cabs!!!

Then we all saw the cream rise to the top. The Buccaneers are insanely good, the music is something we can all appreciate and the movement never stops...they are all over the field. OUTSTANDING.

This only my opinion, and as they say we all have one of those and one #$%^&. I do hope that I didn't insult anyone and that you good people of DCP foums take this unofficial revue with a grain os salt.

BE WELL

• Like 2

Based on the recap, it looks like the Bucs guard were juggling bowling balls and spinning rebar! But other than this, and a hometown bump in communications, Bucs were first in every major caption on every sheet. So as .50 spreads go, this one is pretty large.

Edited by VOReason

The guard did not have their best show. However, when they are on, everything works in tandem with the music and the visual effect number will improve.

it looks like the Bucs guard were juggling bowling balls and spinning rebar!

Bowling Balls - Ha! Very funny, spit out my coffee.

Recap pretty much says what it's been say for the last 10 years.

Corps with the highest score won -just sayin'

There is nothing to get excited about in the Bush show.

Ah, too bad. And they had such a good seventh-place show last year.

Bush's design team created a show that is a little too tough for them, however they are out there and doing a pretty good job given the circumstances.

Edited by Kyle B