1. 77.800 Blue Knights

2. 64.500 Oregon Crusaders

3. 62.200 Cascades

Open Class

1. 58.200 Columbians

2. 46.900 Eruption

3. 45.800 Impulse

4. 43.400 Thunder

This gap between OC and Cascades... What happened? When OC moved up to World Class 2 years ago, there was a 9 point gap between these corps at prelims. (78.45 to 69.85)

Last year it was still about the same (81.05 to 72.25)

But this year the cascades are just 10 points under their prelims score last season, and we havent even gotten a month into the season. And have been as close as 9 tenths under oregon, even without a full panel.

I know the Cascades made some changes and took their lumps the last few years in order to create a sustainable corps, but wow. I didn't think we would be seeing the effects so soon. Also i thought OC would take the momentum theyve had and keep moving up. Hopefully, for them, this isn't a sign of a plateau. Fresh blood is great, its why i want to see Academy and Colts make finals.

Anyway, i know its early in the season. But i did not in my wildest dreams think Cascades would be going toe to toe with OC.

• Like 1

OC has a late start with their guard. Not having all their show flags, or costumes yet, as well as all of the choreography. When that finishes, they should see a jump. As for placement, they are not far off from the last few seasons with the color guard issues, which is saying something.

Cascades of 2015 is a completely different corps. They had a huge turnout for membership, and have a beautifully writen show. I'm honestly excited to see then rivaling my beloved OC, as it can create some healthy competition.

• Like 1

Scores are up.

If anyone can get a video of the Columbians, I'd REALLY like to see it.

It's kinda sad that according to their schedule this was their last show of the short season. According to the scores they are only a few points below that of the BDB and SC Cadets. Who knows what their potential will ever be. It seems like the Pacific Northwest corps can't start their season until July which makes an early Ca. tour not possible.

It is a shame the Columbians couldn't make the So Cal Classic Open Class Championships scheduled on 7/12. That would have been a better season-ender for them IMO. The line-up includes most of the western Open Class corps with the exception of them:

Watchmen

Vanguard Cadets

Thunder

Incognito

Impulse

Golden Empire

Gold

Blue Devils C

Blue Devils B

Having said that, I understand that adding just one more week to their schedule has big cost implications, so good for them to keep the season short and sweet!

It's kinda sad that according to their schedule this was their last show of the short season. According to the scores they are only a few points below that of the BDB and SC Cadets. Who knows what their potential will ever be. It seems like the Pacific Northwest corps can't start their season until July which makes an early Ca. tour not possible.

Agreed - I caught the Columbians at the McMinnville show and couldn't believe how much they've grown and improved. I enjoyed them every bit as much as I OC and the Cascades, if not more. I hope they continue to improve and grow and provide yet another quality drum corps option for kids in the NW!

That's more on the Cascades part, they really are THAT much better.

Yeah the closing of the gap is way more about Cascades than OC. They have completely reinvented themselves this year and I think it's fantastic! A real rivalry between the corps would be welcome!