The Ft. Wayne Flyover (7/8)

Thanks for all the pics, KVG_DC

Question: That set piece for Jersey Surf...what does it mean? Is that a big beach umbrella in the middle? I don't know, but it almost looks like the members are kneeling as if on surfboards. What's the deal?

Edited by Herk

It starts out looking like a giant tent. But a guard member pops out the top at the start of the show and it's her skirt. She wears a HUGE carnivale style headdress that makes her appear like the sun. She wasn't using the headdress last night as it was still drizzling a bit for the first three corps and they went plumeless. I saw it on the Live a few days ago though.

There's more surfing references in the body movement than you can shake a stick at throughout the show. Ditto for 'being on the beach' references. The show is basically a beach party and looks like a lot of fun to do.

• Like 1

Crown continues to make their case.

Beating BD in guard... Yowza.

Crowns Guard is superb. I said that in Akron. Great writing and very mature in their carriage and performance levels.

And Cadets has four or five days of nothing but practice. That's part of the reason BD will come in second in Minnesota. I wonder if BD is overextending themselves with all the System Blue clinics? Just a thought.

BD has been doing that for awhile and I just think other groups are stronger than usual. Nothing wrong or weak with BD just the others in the clumping are great. Crown is great, Cadets are running on all cylinders and SCV/Coats are very strong. Crazy top five...

Taking out percussion, Crown was right with BD. I know number management at small shows are much tighter but Crown's Effect scores are right there!