Ogden Onslaught 7/8

No brass scores. Still not a full panel until Denver. OC took 2 in percussion! Congrats. Not surprised Pac Crest came in a little above OC though. Academy is still holding 13th and I am really happy for that corps. Blue Knights have upped their game this year. The season is fun to watch already!

Note: I've noticed none of the western shows seem to have full panels until Denver while the midwest and east shows do. Just sayin...

Edited by luv4corps

Wow and all this time i thought the Devils was the only Blue that got hated on. Things you learn.

I love how saying a score will drop is hate. Get off your high horse. What happened to phantom when they came to the Midwest and competed against more groups? It's not hate it's called competition. No competition judges can't lower your score. That's common sense and we see this all the time but no go ahead and say it's hate.

I love how saying a score will drop is hate. Get off your high horse. What happened to phantom when they came to the Midwest and competed against more groups? It's not hate it's called competition. No competition judges can't lower your score. That's common sense and we see this all the time but no go ahead and say it's hate.

Someone had an extra helping of "salt" this morning in their cereal.

Someone had an extra helping of "salt" this morning in their cereal.

• Like 1

No brass scores. Still not a full panel until Denver. OC took 2 in percussion! Congrats. Not surprised Pac Crest came in a little above OC though. Academy is still holding 13th and I am really happy for that corps. Blue Knights have upped their game this year. The season is fun to watch already!

Note: I've noticed none of the western shows seem to have full panels until Denver while the midwest and east shows do. Just sayin...

Except...nearly all the California shows had full panels.

The northwestern swing gets 5-show panels later because at least a couple of the corps (well, one, this time around, I suppose) had full panels to start the year. I think, anyway. That would imply some level of logic, and this is DCI.

Well good morning to you too!! Wasn't aware i had a horse. But if i did i want the talking horse in the Directv commercial's with Hannah. Actually screw the horse just give me Hannah!! Anyways both BK and PR will be fine. BK is going to be the next corps to break into the top tier. They have been gaining alot of momentum and they are on their way. I am calling it now........BK will have a top five finish by 2018. As for PR, i am not worried about them as they are gonna be ok as well. Phantom is known for late season surges. I said this in another thread.........As a diehard Blue Devils fan, i have learned to never doubt Phantom. Cause when you do, they will catch you and beat you. For BD fans 96, 06, and 08 come to mind.

Except...nearly all the California shows had full panels.

The northwestern swing gets 5-show panels later because at least a couple of the corps (well, one, this time around, I suppose) had full panels to start the year. I think, anyway. That would imply some level of logic, and this is DCI.

The few Cali shows I looked at didn't but I didn't look at each and every one. I'm not surprised.

Edited by luv4corps

Awesome Show in Ogden last night. The crowd was a little weak because there weren't any "big boys" in town.

Not a problem. Every single corps was entertaining tonight, and those who came to watch despite not having a "headliner" were pleasantly surprised with the talent on the field. There wasn't one performance that I would miss to get a hot dog or go to the bathroom. It was a pretty cool evening and almost all of the corps played in the shade of the stadium, which seems to add some magic to their performance.

ALL of the kids on the field tonight performed their guts out!!!

Thunder--They made a Katy Perry tune work really well, felt like I was at the super bowl.

Impulse--tuba line. tuba soloist. Very talented corps, despite limited numbers.

Cascades. WOW. WOW. By far the easiest show to access for all of the fans tonight. Everyone kept looking at their program to see who this really was on the field cause we did not think it was the Cascades. DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW. Who knew that Soundgarden would be sound so amazing along with Holst? Disagree with the score they received.

Oregon Crusaders--check out that bass line. again and again and again. Loved the overall visual staging for the whole show.

Pacific Crest--Loved the Depeche Mode ballad. What a great corps! And the uniforms look slick!

Academy-- Such a fun show to watch. I am so glad that they invite all ages to enter in and enjoy their shows. Beautiful guard tonight---watch for the words in the flags! Entertaining from top to bottom!

BK--they are so talented. Some first timers I spoke to afterward commented on how beautiful the whole show was. That closer is going to will people to their feet. It seems like there is a pending re-write for the last 10 bars. Also, I don't think this hornline has been fully unleashed yet.

Don't miss any of these corps if they come to your town. I would pay $30 for a seat to see just one of those that I saw tonight. I don't know what is happening in the Pacific Northwest, but I hope it keeps happening!

• Like 6

Awesome Show in Ogden last night. The crowd was a little weak because there weren't any "big boys" in town.

Not a problem. Every single corps was entertaining tonight, and those who came to watch despite not having a "headliner" were pleasantly surprised with the talent on the field. There wasn't one performance that I would miss to get a hot dog or go to the bathroom. It was a pretty cool evening and almost all of the corps played in the shade of the stadium, which seems to add some magic to their performance.

ALL of the kids on the field tonight performed their guts out!!!

Thunder--They made a Katy Perry tune work really well, felt like I was at the super bowl.

Impulse--tuba line. tuba soloist. Very talented corps, despite limited numbers.

Cascades. WOW. WOW. By far the easiest show to access for all of the fans tonight. Everyone kept looking at their program to see who this really was on the field cause we did not think it was the Cascades. DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW. Who knew that Soundgarden would be sound so amazing along with Holst? Disagree with the score they received.

Oregon Crusaders--check out that bass line. again and again and again. Loved the overall visual staging for the whole show.

Pacific Crest--Loved the Depeche Mode ballad. What a great corps! And the uniforms look slick!

Academy-- Such a fun show to watch. I am so glad that they invite all ages to enter in and enjoy their shows. Beautiful guard tonight---watch for the words in the flags! Entertaining from top to bottom!

BK--they are so talented. Some first timers I spoke to afterward commented on how beautiful the whole show was. That closer is going to will people to their feet. It seems like there is a pending re-write for the last 10 bars. Also, I don't think this hornline has been fully unleashed yet.

Don't miss any of these corps if they come to your town. I would pay $30 for a seat to see just one of those that I saw tonight. I don't know what is happening in the Pacific Northwest, but I hope it keeps happening!

Comments like that make me very happy, sometimes I feel like it's me and just a handful of people that actually follow and watch these shows. This year especially, they're just downright fun. I'd love to see a show with all those corps in them. Thanks for the thoughts!

• Like 2