Ogden Onslaught 7/8

In spite of BK's accomplishments the past couple of years, there will always be those who believe they are an 11th place Corps.

Well i respect your opinion, but seeing them live in Pasadena and Riverside last month, BK is not a 11th place corps. And i say that with all due respect to past and present corps who have finished 11th. BK is on their way up and i will not be the least surprised to see them crack the top five in the next few years.

In spite of BK's accomplishments the past couple of years, there will always be those who believe they are an 11th place Corps.

They will not be lower than 8th, I'd bet on that. Still need some more views on the show but that is one #### good corps this year.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I loved BK last year and felt they deserved 7th over my favorite corps (PR). I have no hate towards them. I just don't think they'll stay within 3 points of Bluecoats. Either Bluecoats' score will shoot up or BK's score will fall when they meet.

• Like 1

Please don't misunderstand me, I don't think BK is an 11th place corps...even when they WERE an 11th place corps. I was commenting on why some people don't have good things to say about BK.

But I somewhat agree with you, DrumManTX...except I'm not counting out a whole slew of other corps. SCV, Cavies, PR, BAC...heck, Crossmen and Blue Stars have the ability to compete with anyone in the 6-10 range. This dogfight isn't over by a long shot.

Edited by Herk

Please don't misunderstand me, I don't think BK is an 11th place corps...even when they WERE an 11th place corps. I was commenting on why some people don't have good things to say about BK.

But I somewhat agree with you, DrumManTX...except I'm not counting out a whole slew of other corps. SCV, Cavies, PR, BAC...heck, Crossmen and Blue Stars have the ability to compete with anyone in the 6-10 range. This dogfight isn't over by a long shot.

You are right about it not being over. All those corps you mentioned are amazing and this is gonna be a epic battle to the end.

• Like 1

And of course they be silly to think that, as BK has not finished out of the top 10 since 2010.

Edited by BRASSO

HOw about we discuss the looks people would have given you ten years ago if you said "Crossman will be up there with BK and Madison will be a hard hitter fighting with the Blue Stars and BAC will be pushing the upper tiers with PR." The talent this year is absurd. I'm cheering for my home team but I really can't be upset if they don't win because HAVE YOU SEEN THE SHOWS THIS YEAR?!

• Like 3

I find that far more people are saying positive things about BK these days than in recent memory. BK scrapped their dark shows, esoterically dark themes, etc... and went bright. Brighter themes, brighter music, brighter uniforms... and the results have been quite positive for themselves.. among fans and judges alike. BK has seen the future for themselves and it appears " bright " in all respects now in my observations. Good for them !

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

HOw about we discuss the looks people would have given you ten years ago if you said "Crossman will be up there with BK and Madison will be a hard hitter fighting with the Blue Stars and BAC will be pushing the upper tiers with PR." The talent this year is absurd. I'm cheering for my home team but I really can't be upset if they don't win because HAVE YOU SEEN THE SHOWS THIS YEAR?!

Or if you said that BK would be ranked 5th, above SCV, in July (I know you can't compare between shows, but still...)

This year is certainly keeping me excited. I wish I was able to see something live this year, but it's a bit hard from Australia.

I find that far more people are saying positive things about BK these days than in recent memory. BK scrapped their dark shows, esoterically dark themes, etc... and went bright. Brighter themes, brighter music, brighter uniforms... and the results have been quite positive for themselves.. among fans and judges alike. BK has seen the future for themselves and it appears " bright " in all respects now in my observations. Good for them !

Literally anything that didn't have "Knight" in the title