"In Memoriam" Idea

As more and more of the original founders, leaders, and great contributors (whether as an adjudicator, Corps Administrator/Instructor/Teacher, or Marching Member known throughout the activity as a pioneering or influential performer) pass on, I will take this opportunity to suggest some form of "In Memoriam" List. I know...many of these same individuals have already been acknowledged in various Halls of Fame. Maybe this could include those members...yet serve as a place of remembrance for others who have both earned and deserve the same recognition in our minds and in our hearts. I don't know how it would be accomplished...or who would be responsible for ultimate selection. Maybe some form of panel, with nominations going out as these great individuals leave this earth...

Then again, maybe this is nothing other than a hair-brained idea from an equally hair-brained romantic. Take it or leave it...

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 2

I think it is a good idea. Or maintain links to individual corps memorial sites. I know there is a Holy Name/Garfield/Cadets memorial site, I suspect other corps have them as well. Sadly, two '80s-era Cadets were added this week.

Thank you, StuStu.

An excellent idea......

In addition, EVERY night that these talented kids gather in one, two, three, or more cities and blow the minds of the gathered audiences; every safe trip to a new location across our highways; every meal served; every little detail of what it takes to keep DCI on tour; these are all a LIVING MEMORIUM to "original founders, leaders, and great contributors (whether as an adjudicator, Corps Administrator/Instructor/Teacher, or Marching Member known throughout the activity as a pioneering or influential performer)."

This didn't all happen by accident or chance....... it is testimony to those who believe in kids.

• Like 1

An excellent idea......

In addition, EVERY night that these talented kids gather in one, two, three, or more cities and blow the minds of the gathered audiences; every safe trip to a new location across our highways; every meal served; every little detail of what it takes to keep DCI on tour; these are all a LIVING MEMORIUM to "original founders, leaders, and great contributors (whether as an adjudicator, Corps Administrator/Instructor/Teacher, or Marching Member known throughout the activity as a pioneering or influential performer)."

This didn't all happen by accident or chance....... it is testimony to those who believe in kids.

Ok...so maybe, just maybe, the idea is already covered in practice, if not in theory.

Guess what?? I agree with you...wholeheartedly. And I would...no...WILL be the very first to support you. You have written words, JoeDz, which I cannot deny -- or would not. Thank you. What is now is a testament to what was. What a wonderful summary (and benediction) which you provided. My hat is respectfully off to you.

I was gonna create a thread like this a while back, but I'm glad someone did it. I would have never known about drum corps if it hadn't been for the "founders" and to them, I am forever grateful.