The Kiltie Klassic Invitational--August 1st

great having you guys, (Chops and C.T.too).

Beautiful night.

Come back next year, :colgate: Larry P

• Like 1

Just landed back at the warehouse,........thanks for a GREAT time Kilties!

Perfect day,.........a quick sprinkle,........not enough to cool things down tho,.........LOL

VERY appreciative crowd,.......... Kilties alumni sounded great,................ sorry didn't see anyone else.

Fun time at the hotel after the show,...........Nice to put a name with a face Bill!

Nice finally meeting you Gary!!

Thanks to all the corps attending; and please put the first weekend in August of 2016 down as the Kiltie Klassic weekend----

------------------you all have a standing invitation! :bigsmile:

Oh , I'm sorry Bill, is that the 1st Saturday of August? Huh, thanks! (sarcasm off). :tounge2:

I remember having to make the Midwest trip with about half the corps in 2006. Too many members could not get off in the middle of the week to make the trip. If I remember correctly it was a Friday show and a Sat show.

:ninja:

I remember it well, Ed!!! You guys still raised a few eyebrows in Minne that year. I know a bunch of folks that asked why the holes..Some of them forgot about what is different about "part-time " drum corps..I had to "edge-a-ma-cate" them ( #### rookies).. :tounge2:

Pat

Just wondering when was the last time Kilties won a contest with 4 or more competitors ? I hope to see good things from them in Rochester.

Just wondering when was the last time Kilties won a contest with 4 or more competitors ? I hope to see good things from them in Rochester.

1997, won the DCM Championship after placing 2nd in prelims.

Although, only 2 corps were allowed to compete in the finals at DCM in that division---most years it was Kilts and Brass.

• Like 1

1997 DCM Senior Championships in DeKalb, IL.

Kilties beat MN Brass, Govies, and Bluegrass Brass to win the championship.

Go Kilties!

WWBD

• Like 1

Why would you take a show if you know in advance a large number of members couldn't make it

In the case of MCL 2006 they had put it on the schedule early on and preached to the corps about the date and the commitment that was needed from the membership.

It was not till the week of the show that corps members started dropping out left and right, there were many members in the corps that did not feel like we needed to go and we're just waffling on their responsibilities to the corps.

Mid week it was decided we were going with whatever we had. It was not a popular decision witchin the corps. DCA had a rule back then if you got 4 scores in August and a prelims score you became a members corps. MCL management wanted a seat at that table.

Needless to say we went with less than half the corps and met our obligations to the hosts and full field the gole of making membership .Without that all important score MCL would have never made membership .

Edited by camel lips