Great article in the Major Twin Cities Newspaper, StarTribune on DCI-M

Eden Prairie H.S. there has folks marching Cadets, Bluecoats,, Regiment, etc. this season and their director has been teching BD.

Their "friendly" rival Rosemount has a new director by the name of Ben Harloff who supposedly does something at Crown. : )

Irondale also has huge representation, along with many other High Schools. Lots going on in MN's Drum Corps scene.

Yes, Scott Palmer, EP Director is on BD Brass Staff and is also Hornline Caption Head with MN Brass. Ben is also an MBI Alumn who worked with us for a bit last year as well.

Here is a nice TV Feature from last night on the local FOX affiliate:

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/29512202/marching-music-madness-as-dci-competition-stops-in-minneapolis

• Like 1

Thank you, Randy !

Nice article. Lousy rag newspaper.

Edited by HockeyDad

The female anchors seemed to have an issue with the attire, or lack thereof, of the corps members.

Irondale also has huge representation, along with many other High Schools. Lots going on in MN's Drum Corps scene.

Yes, Scott Palmer, EP Director is on BD Brass Staff and is also Hornline Caption Head with MN Brass. Ben is also an MBI Alumn who worked with us for a bit last year as well.

Here is a nice TV Feature from last night on the local FOX affiliate:

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/29512202/marching-music-madness-as-dci-competition-stops-in-minneapolis

"...address the elephant in the room here?"

"They must be hot out there today!"

LOL

I'm pretty sure that any legitimate sponsor will obtain a little more information, which will no doubt be more up to date, before sending in the beenjamins, as opposed to just writing checks based upon seeing that video. I don't think there's any danger of fraud in the inducement here.

It's not about fraud. It's about demonstrating professionalism. Any legitimate sponsor might be dismayed to find that DCI lets their promotional material fall so out of date. "If I sponsor DCI for a year and then decide I don't wish to be associated with them anymore, will I discover seven years later that DCI is still listing me as a sponsor?"

Potential sponsor: "Hey! Very cool! I watch ESPN all the time and I've never seen this. It's really cool!"

"When is it on?"

Show TEP or DCI: "Well, it hasn't been for 7 or 8 years. But that's pretty cool, isn't it?!"

Thank you N.E. It's about actually BEING "Major League" instead of just promoting that you are.