FanNetwork Poll

FanNetwork 2015  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Have you spent any money on FanNetwork in the past and present?

• Yes, I have in the past and Yes, I have this year
    • Yes, I have in the Past and No, I have not this year
    • No, I have not in the past and Yes, I have this year
    • No, I have not in the past and No, I have not this year

There is nothing like actually being there. Anything else is, by definition, artificial. Contrary to popular notion, a pair of microphones does not capture sound the same way as a pair of ears, because the ears work in tandem with the eyes and the brain to allow you to pay attention to what you want to hear and minimize attention to the rest. Microphones can only pick up sound from all around and can't help the brain focus on anything. Recording engineers work around that by placing microphones close to what they want to record, essentially telling each microphone "Listen to this!" Enough microphones are used to capture the width of the group, others are added to restore ambience, so that the illusion of "You Are There" is re-created, but it is, after all, only an illusion. But that is the only way to achieve a clear recording of commercial quality.

I get good recordings too with my little H2, but those capture memories more than anything of commercial value.

...maybe I should have said "more artificial"...my point being a testament to KISS than anything else.

As a consumer who has purchased Fan Network since it's inception, I appreciate being able to watch shows that I obviously can't make it to in person. There have been many problems with it throughout the years but have always stuck with it. But now DCI has chosen to abandon the playback feature and that will force ME to ABANDON THEM!! We All have jobs and unfortunately cannot sit by our computers 24/7 to watch these shows and that's where you are losing me DCI. I understand the licensing issue but why should I pay the prices you charge and not receive the benefits you promise but never seem to deliver? The playback feature is the paramount issue, IMO, here and until this issue can be resolved I'm OUT!!!