San Antonio Lineup

2015 champions taking the field...

? Bluecoats aren't on yet :tounge2:

• Like 1

I do like how BK is staking out a new direction for the activity and making it their own. Bluecoats is doing it with electronics integration and minimalist stuff. BK is doing it with this emotionally elegant stuff. It's refreshing and ensures design diversity in the top corps rather than, "Let's all do what won last year."

• Like 2

Uh oh...

I'm hearing a challenger to Crown in that Blue Knights hornline.

Not this year or maybe next, but it's coming. You can hear the progression over the last several years.

I remember seeing a video of what I think was their first run in '13. It was terrible. I thought they weren't going to make finals. At least the hornline wasn't. Well they completely turned it around and proved me 100% wrong. And that show was great, then last year they came out on fire IMO and then they just had "it" by finals. I was so upset Phantom came out ahead. BK has figured out how to tug on emotions. And the performance is just becoming more and more solid. Awesome stuff.

• Like 1

Each number you hear in the intro has a rifle moment with the same number of members in it.

Now if George could sneak into Lucas Oil before Finals and repaint the yard numbers to all say "10".

• Like 5

Am I the only one who heard a small ensemble tear in Cadets' opener?

Nope. It actually made me jerk my head up from typing. Very uncharacteristic! But in the scope of this show, minor.