San Antonio Lineup

This is complete bull #### and should never happen. Madison, boston, stars, and crossmen get screwed over. Yes I watched both feeds and those 4 are way better than academy colts and troopers. Troopers should not be on after phantom and cavies. I like academys show but really? There needs to be a better system than comparing 2 shows with different judges. One show had 10 of the top 12 last year (which have won almost every head to head with the corps underneath) and the other had almost everyone outside of top 12. Obviously one show will be judged harder knowing you have to leave room for the 10. If this is how they plan on doing it they better make sure 6 of the top 12 go to one and 6 to the other.

Rant over but still ######

• Like 4

DCI should know better than to compare scores between shows. I know most of DCP knows better. But still, DCI doesn't care!

• Like 1

This is complete bull #### and should never happen. Madison, boston, stars, and crossmen get screwed over. Yes I watched both feeds and those 4 are way better than academy colts and troopers. Troopers should not be on after phantom and cavies. I like academys show but really? There needs to be a better system than comparing 2 shows with different judges. One show had 10 of the top 12 last year (which have won almost every head to head with the corps underneath) and the other had almost everyone outside of top 12. Obviously one show will be judged harder knowing you have to leave room for the 10. If this is how they plan on doing it they better make sure 6 of the top 12 go to one and 6 to the other.

Rant over but still ######

It's only one week! If they are getting screwed over, they can prove it next week at San Antonio! Their performance order should not affect their score, and then everything will be right in YOUR world!

• Like 3

People always talk about why we never see any scores and placements shaking up, this will certainly do it. I say bring it on. The Academy, Colts, and Troopers need to bring their A game with the slots they're performing in, but I think it's kinda fun, if they really deserve to be there, now is there chance to take it and absolutely run with it. I think Troopers stick out in their grouping a little more than The Academy and Colts, but good for them IMO.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 5

People always talk about why we never see any scores and placements shaking up, this will certainly do it. I say bring it on. The Academy, Colts, and Troopers need to bring their A game with the slots they're performing in, but I think it's kinda fun, if they really deserve to be there, now is there chance to take it and absolutely run with it. I think Troopers stick out in their grouping a little more than The Academy and Colts, but good for them IMO.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

• Like 2

There needs to be a better system than comparing 2 shows with different judges.

Well, when you take into consideration that there are no shows before July 18th in which ALL the corps are in attendance, there needs to be a way to sort things out and determine a performance order for San Antonio. You can go completely random, which would probably make people complain even more. You can go by the rankings on DrumScorps, but then you're STILL comparing scores from different shows. No matter what they do, people will complain. And most likely, there will be some comparison of scores from different shows in the equation (whether people want to call them regionals or not). Personally speaking, I like that even though they're taking numbers from two different shows to set things up, there is still a bit of a random element to it. And that mix-it-up, as minor as it may seem, gives a little bit more intrigue to the occasion.

Edited by seen-it-all
  • Like 2

Last thing I have to say. If a corps truly deserves to be where you think they should, then performance order shouldn't matter, their performance should show it. I know that it can impact the score some, but if it's not even close, then that shouldn't matter. If a corps doesn't belong there at all, then their score will probably reflect it and then it'll settle down next week. IMO based on what I saw last night, The Academy, Colts, and Troopers could really shake some things up with the Blue Stars, Madison Scouts, Boston Crusaders, and Crossmen. I think this is EXTREMELY exciting and will give some corps a shot at corps they wouldn't have been able to before. Bring. It. On.

Though I will say, Madison did kinda get the #### end of the stick, that's rough.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 6

Academy and Colts will be compared directly to the 4 corps before them... that is fair comparison. If they are not as good, the scores will reflect that.

Troopers are way out of place and I have no idea what that will do to their score, but their peers will have performed long ago.

• Like 1

Well, when you take into consideration that there are no shows before July 18th in which ALL the corps are in attendance, there needs to be a way to sort things out and determine a performance order for San Antonio. You can go completely random, which would probably make people complain even more. You can go by the rankings on DrumScorps, but then you're STILL comparing scores from different shows. No matter what they do, people will complain. Personally speaking, I like that even though they're taking numbers from two different shows to set things up, there is still a bit of a random element to it. And that mix-it-up, as minor as it may seem, gives a little bit more intrigue to the occasion.

go off of last year's scores like they did for DATR and Minneapolis?

The only thing that will make me less angry is a reappearance of lone star choppaz