San Antonio Lineup

This is such a different show from Crown. It's got some of the same issues that Crossmen following Madison tonight had. Where Madison was energy and bounce, Crossmen was flow and flight. Where Crown was intensity, BK is liquid beauty. I like the show, but I think I'd find it more captivating if it followed another corps. If they're following Phantom or Cavaliers at some point (and likely they will be) they'll come out WAY ahead.

Is it too soon to say that if they continue down this design path, the Blue Knights could see some medals and possibly a championship in their future a few years from now?

I just hope they don't get in a show-style rut like they did with their "dark" stuff.

• Like 1

I wish the Blue Knights would tone down that bass synth. They have such a good hornline but it's drowning out their lower end. Just booming. Otherwise, a very nice show.

• Like 3

BK, fantastic horn soloists.

Easily missed, but also fantastic were the guard soloists. DCI Live! must be doing a good job of finding the guard highlights, because I never notice the color guard. Tonight, I can't take my eyes off them/

Absolutely STUNNING Blue Knights. This is a new kind of drum corps. Ethereal is the PERFECT descriptor for this show. Dreamlike.

Exactly right ... they had a tough act to follow after last year's incredibly moving show. This show doesn't have quite the same emotional impact for me, but it is surprisingly close. Their closer gives me the chills.