We Are Fixin To Go To Belton

Seems to me that plenty of DCP comments have nothing to do with visuals. I'm thinking of all the praise for Blue Devils' and Bluecoats' ballads last year, for instance.

The "catching the eye" was meant as a figure of speech.

Nothing against The Academy, but any chance GE1 judge accidentally flipped his scores between them and Phantom? Everything would seem to make a lot more sense if those two scores were flipped in that caption.

That would have brought Phantom's score up to 81.75 (1.65 from the Blue Knights) and Academy's score down to 75.2 (0.95 below the Troopers). So to answer your question, yes, it does make more sense, at least to me.

Nothing against The Academy, but any chance GE1 judge accidentally flipped his scores between them and Phantom? Everything would seem to make a lot more sense if those two scores were flipped in that caption.

Wow just looked at the score sheet and your scenario totally seems plausible. Can anyone venture a guess on how this could have happened if it indeed is what happened? I didn't watch the broadcast.

Edited by luv4corps

That would be quite the 'oops' if so...

That would be quite the 'oops' if so...

It would mean a judge DCI has entrusted to read, and evaluate Corps from a few hundred yards away, seems incapable of reading and evaluating his own writing just inches from his own nose. Judges have ample opportunity to review their scores given, before its submittance, lest we forget.

But my guess, the judge that placed a Corps in 1st place in his caption, and the other judge that placed the same Corps in 7th place in the same caption( utilizing the exact same DCI established judging criteria) simply were light years apart in their evaluation. Thus, the scores the two of them provided reflected that they could hardly be in more disagreement with one another in their evaluations. I don't think its any more complicated that that, as to what occurred.

Edited by BRASSO

It's not over... I learned in 98 when you think you've got Phantom down... U don't!! They'll refine

BTW BK 1998 :worthy:

Yea thanks, we had a great time marching that show... It was a fun summer

No way! Academy's score sheet is submitted before the next corps even starts. Those numbers are entered into a spread sheet before the next corps has even completed there show. The numbers are what they are.

except that judges can go back and make changes, and usually only hand them back in in clusters