It's just about midseason. What are the best and favorite shows of

I honestly think the best is a toss up between bloo and cadets right now. Both shows are equally innovative IMHO with two distinct innovative styles. I like devils a lot which is now only common the past two seasons for me. I know they have tricks up their sleeve cuz it's who they are. They fix the ending and they're gonna be in the mix with that entertaining show!

My favorite shows go to

BK

This show might be emotionally a little bit of a step down from last season by holy Allah is that a fantastic show! I love te ending and how they continue to use the knee pop as an emotional push visually when they musically peak te past two seasons

Mandarins

Pure, raw, aggressive energy is what this show is made of. I remember seeing it on the Stanford cast and fell in love with it immediately! Seeing it live in Pasadena solidified it and their run in Denver was the best I've seen from them since semis 2013! I hope they give spirit a run for their money alongside SoCal rival pacific crest!

SCVC

Only saw this show once but they look to be running away with the oc title for now! Their use of the Prometheus soundtrack is awesome! It helps that I like that film as well. Their hornline is full of aggression and energy and I think that alone will carry them. The WC groups towards the lower echelon will have to keep em in their rear view mirrors

Best: Cadets, Devils, Crown

Favorites: Crown, BK, Cadets, SCV

Favorite Intro: Crown

Favorite Opener: Cadets

Favorite Ballad: Crown

Favorite Closer: Cadets(But.. They all needa be revamped)

Favorite Hornline: Crown

Favorite Percussion: Vanguard

Favorite Guard: Crown

If it weren't for Crowns closer, I think they'd be gunning for another title. Unless they change it, it's gonna be Cadets or BD.

Edited by Jeremy.
  • Like 1

Favorite show: Carolina Crown. They have my favorite music selections and their brass brings me real joy. Not sold on the Big Black Banner yet, and the closer just doesn't work for me. Fix those, and this show is one of my favorite all-time.

Best opener: SCV. It grabbed me the very first time I saw it and continues to do so every time after.

Best closer: Cadets. I would love to take the energy and sheer awesomeness of the last minute and transplant it to Carolina Crown.

Best show: Cadets. Everything works. They play like champions, their design is terrific, and they march. Not a ton of park and bark, no scatter drill that I can recall, they march and march and march. French horns are superb.

Show that is just really really cool and I wouldn't mind one bit if they won the whole thing: Bluecoats.

Corps suffering most from comparisons to itself in my silly rankings: Blue Devils. They are always awesome, so I unfairly hold them to a different standard. If some corps not named the Blue Devils was doing their show with their level of ability, I would probably like it more.