I live 15 minutes from this show but I skip it every year in order to get on the road early to head to San Antonio. I think I've been to this one twice in ten years.

Given the long trip from Metro Dallas/Denton to Houston and the bounce-back to San Antonio, all within horrendous Texas summer weather, I wonder the wisdom of the Texas tour model DCI is still using. It's horrible on the performers, especially if they don't have a day off between shows.

Given the long trip from Metro Dallas/Denton to Houston and the bounce-back to San Antonio, all within horrendous Texas summer weather, I wonder the wisdom of the Texas tour model DCI is still using. It's horrible on the performers, especially if they don't have a day off between shows.

It's not fantastic, but what's the alternative?

I don't enjoy the summer heat and humidity due to medical conditions, so my loyalties to Texas are limited. I do admit Texas is a phenomenal market for both DCI members and audiences. Few shows approach their constant attendance. However, it is 8 hours by bus from Denton to Houston usually, so why not Dallas, then San Antonio and day off, and then Houston rather than having a tired crew arrive for Regionals each year?

• Like 1

I don't enjoy the summer heat and humidity due to medical conditions, so my loyalties to Texas are limited. I do admit Texas is a phenomenal market for both DCI members and audiences. Few shows approach their constant attendance. However, it is 8 hours by bus from Denton to Houston usually, so why not Dallas, then San Antonio and day off, and then Houston rather than having a tired crew arrive for Regionals each year?

If that's the case wouldn't Denton, half-day eehearsal somewhere midway, San Antonio, day off, Houston make more sense?

If that's the case wouldn't Denton, half-day eehearsal somewhere midway, San Antonio, day off, Houston make more sense?

Agreed.

(The heat is getting to my thinking I guess. The weather is certainly favoring Crown Inferno. :-D )

I live 15 minutes from this show but I skip it every year in order to get on the road early to head to San Antonio. I think I've been to this one twice in ten years.

To admit you skip this show every year and live as close as you do is called in-sane.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 2

However, it is 8 hours by bus from Denton to Houston usually, so why not Dallas, then San Antonio and day off, and then Houston rather than having a tired crew arrive for Regionals each year?

On what planet is it an 8 hour bus ride? I used to make the trip regularly and it was 4.5 tops from Northwest Houston to Denton. Even with a generous truck stop break in the middle, it still wouldn't approach 8.

• Like 1

On what planet is it an 8 hour bus ride? I used to make the trip regularly and it was 4.5 tops from Northwest Houston to Denton. Even with a generous truck stop break in the middle, it still wouldn't approach 8.

we obey the speed limit.

The majority of the World Class corps DO have today off. Only eight corps are performing today. There are no other shows.

This is a choice of the Tour of Champions folk and other than the Crossmen, all of these corps perform later in San Antonio. All the earlier performing corps do have today off and are probably staying somewhere in the San Antonio area.