Crown crown crown... 5s 4s and 6s all over the place. They just need to do... something. Just something.

Needless to say, I'm a bit dishearTENed.

Edited by Zerix

No offense but Crown fans are the most deluded people in drum corps. I've noticed this not just on DCP, but on periscope, Facebook, Twitter, you name it. If Crown isn't winning, the judges are wrong. Apparently.

Understand what you're saying, but no one said that in this thread. All comments I've seen were directed at BD's performance.

So. Cadets won brass, percussion, music, GE. Guard gap down to 0.4.

BD managed to stay within .4 despite all of that. That's encouraging from their standpoint. Gonna be tough to knock Cadets off though.

Something you need to remember is this: Crown has amazing brass, yes. They have amazing guard and visual, and at points their GE is good. BUT, one huge, massively contributing factor to their scores being so low is 1.) Their percussion. We as Crown fans are blinded by our fandom and we forget that there is a big big issue in their corps. Percussion is hindering the scores a lot. 2.) The closer. That's all I really need to say about that one.

I disagree. The percussion right now is still the weakest part of the corps but they are by no means a big big issue. Tom Aungst has done a great job already in year one with them and it's only going to be better. Yes they are finishing below the others in the top 5 but they aren't dramatically behind as in previous years and are noticeably better this year. The program should only continue to get better next year. Even them finishing closer to SCV or Cadets would only get them another 0.2 of a point or so...hardly a big hinderance to their scores in my opinion.

Closer I agree with you though. Needs to change and the transition from the Fugue into Ode needs tweaking too.

Just last night Crown won VA. Tonight they came in 4th in the caption. =[

Some night flow better than others. Tomorrow is the big one to watch.

Something you need to remember is this: Crown has amazing brass, yes. They have amazing guard and visual, and at points their GE is good. BUT, one huge, massively contributing factor to their scores being so low is 1.) Their percussion. We as Crown fans are blinded by our fandom and we forget that there is a big big issue in their corps. Percussion is hindering the scores a lot. 2.) The closer. That's all I really need to say about that one.

Their percussion isn't hurting them any more than Cadets' guard is hurting them. They're strong enough in enough captions to still be in the medal race as much as Bloo.