0.4 out of first. In fourth so bumped up one spot and cut the gap tonight. We will have to wait to see if that becomes a trend.

But that was also an unusually high Guard Comp score tonight, that helped -- 0.5 (=0.25) behind in achievement, and thus a total of 0.4 (=0.2) down total in Guard.

Methinks we are being trolled. :muahaha::bleah::wall::lol:

Edited by jonwoody

How the sheets get weighted can sometimes be a mystery. I'd say Bluecoats electronics are likely judged more as part of General Effect Music, but not so much in music analysis, content, or performance, which would likely be reserved for brass, percussion, pit. But I'm probably wrong on that one.

As for Cadets, the 2 times I saw them live I felt their brass used more dynamics and a better sense of phrasing than most. So the meat in their book, which is pretty intense, is not nearly clean yet, but the content is top-notch and the performance levels are already really good. If they nail that show they will be tough to beat. But your point is valid. There are 4 brass lines capable of winning high brass (Crown, BD, Bloo, Cadets). All have amazing lines. It will be a matter of performance.

I don't know anything, but I bet the electronics are addressed in music analysis, too -- surely.

What are you talking about? The Cadets have won Brass numerous times this season over BD and Crown. So how can you possibly say they have no shot to win brass?

He said Coats, not Cadets.

One of the biggest criteria for score growth right before finals is the humanity that resonates from the show theme.

What part of Cadets' show moves you, personally? What part of the theme of their show hits you on a gut level? What do you take away from the theme of the power of ten? What about Shostakovich's music in this interpretation moves you, personally? What part of the theme of the power of ten illuminates something about the way we live, or builds meaning around our quest to understand truth, beauty, justice, history or irony?

It resonates deep within my loins.

• Like 2

One of the biggest criteria for score growth right before finals is the humanity that resonates from the show theme.

What part of Cadets' show moves you, personally? What part of the theme of their show hits you on a gut level? What do you take away from the theme of the power of ten? What about Shostakovich's music in this interpretation moves you, personally? What part of the theme of the power of ten illuminates something about the way we live, or builds meaning around our quest to understand truth, beauty, justice, history or irony?

Ahh this is fantastic. Almost as deep as what I think about when I'm sitting on the toilet.

• Like 6

Ahh this is fantastic. Almost as deep as what I think about when I'm sitting on the toilet.

:sumo:

• Like 1

He's talking about the bluecoats.

Sorry, just saw that. I obviously read the post incorrectly.