BK, who do they beat that's currently over them?

Who knows how far BK will rise, but their shows the last couple of years have definitely been fantastic. It's certainly possible that they could crack the top 5, but beating "bigger name" corps is always difficult. The longer they keep putting out stellar shows, the more judges will get comfortable with giving them numbers comparable to the top corps.

Fantastic job BK, hope you guys pick off a few more corps this year!

You're correct about them being 6th at 99 semis.... But they finished 6th in 2000 in finals. Boston got a lot of press that year finishing 5th, but BK had the 3rd place Drumline in 00 as well

Ah! Quite right.

Interesting note from the Belton show: one notable judge critique was how they plan on developing their show from here out. One thing they have proven up to this point is that they are very capable of achieving a comprehensive show. This being said, (overlooking the scoring inconsistencies below then) they aren't safe yet. Their closest competition both have considerable room to develop their show from a design standpoint in addition to cleaning, where as BK looks to be just cleaning from here on out. They may be looking forward, but do they have the capability to hold down the still developing Cavies and PR?

• Like 1

I assure u they are not in a clean and done phase. Staff has been busy I'm told and more to come

• Like 2

Welp....I guess the San Antonio results pretty much put an end to this thread's relevancy...or does anybody disagree?

Welp....I guess the San Antonio results pretty much put an end to this thread's relevancy...or does anybody disagree?

it made things interesting. They went from like a three point lead on PR to a 1 and change. So all the people that counted phantom out may eat crow by the end. I don't think Madison will catch that group but they weren't to far away. Atlanta will be interesting for this grouping.
  • Like 1

I disagree.

BK dropped from their previous position in respect to the top 5 at San Antonio. I think it's entirely possible for them to move back up before Atlanta, though maybe not as close as they were. What they do by the time they roll into Indy is anyone's guess.

it made things interesting. They went from like a three point lead on PR to a 1 and change. So all the people that counted phantom out may eat crow by the end. I don't think Madison will catch that group but they weren't to far away. Atlanta will be interesting for this grouping.

I don't think the current range between BK and PR has much to do with an improvement by PR.

It seemed like that Crown might have been the one to fall to BK, if anyone, but now that doesn't seem likely. SCV would have then been the one most likely, but they're still showing a 3+ point lead, and only 2 behind BD.

And the recaps from Dallas shows them not beating BD or SCV in any caption.

Looks like 6th really does seem like the ceiling for the Blue Knights this season, which is really great, and would be a hugely successful season for them. But it leaves us fans who like upsets yearning for more.

So how about hoping they stay above those below them and not worrying about those above them.