Test your Rhythm-keeping skills! Post your score!

I seem to get best results tapping my fingernail against the mouse. Less padding equals more responsiveness. Humming a millitary march helps with the precision, but there is still the problem of rushing/dragging. I've broken 920 before.

Edited by Kamoro

891. Former drummer. Now failure.

This is for you and all the other percussion-wannabe's here:

After you conquered keeping time with this site and are feeling all good and warm about your abilities...

Same meter, same tempo: Play eighth notes on one hand and 1/8th note triplets on the other.

Welcome to the drummer brain and how it works. (We count steps, we count paces, we count tempo to our watches, we count the rhythm of the car tires hitting the expansion joints in the road...)

.........And most importantly, we beat the **** out of our steering wheels!!!!!

Started at 895, got up to 965. If your'e doing it on the keyboard, think about coming off the key (I sound like I'm teaching percussion lessons on keyboard now) and not striking it, come off it really fast. That can kinda get rid of the delay in sound you're hearing, made it easier to stay in tempo. Try to make the strike as fast as possible, don't let your finger stay on the space bar.

does anyone know how it measures points lost per beat? Obviously in terms of how far you are off, but for example if you get a 40/50 for one beat, how far off were you?

Here is directly from the site:

"

How we calculate scores

The track plays at 120 beats per minute, which means a beat plays every 500 milliseconds. Your score represents how close you were to the correct timing.

• If you're spot on, you get 50 points.
  • You will lose a point for every two milliseconds you were off by.
  • You will score no points if you're off by 100ms or more.

At the end, we add up all of your points, and that gives you your final score."

This thing is addictive, but I finally broke into the 900s, scoring a 914 this morning. Woohoo!

I finally got a 905! Sadly, could not repeat even breaking 830 after that. Must have just been an inspired run.