little respect and dignity from Academy drumline

• 1 year later...

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:03 AM

Runitagain, on 17 Jul 2015 - 06:45 AM, said:snapback.png

Next time you do a drumline battle have some respect for the other corps! You didn't see the scouts running around taking selfies and playing games during your turn. They stood at attention and gave you the floor during your performance. poor form Academy poor form.

They'll have plenty of time to take selfies from their stadium seats at finals.

LOL look at who's taking the stadium selfies now?

• Like 7

Okay, first of all, it's drum lines! Probably don't need to say much more than that! They don't even take themselves seriously! If they do, they are missing the point entirely.

Why so Serious?

• Like 1

Oh God I thought this thread had died.

Died. Academy.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Yes, I would think the Statute of Limitations would prevail here by NOW on this ( haha!)

• Like 1

Oh God I thought this thread had died.

Died. Academy.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

nice.

and the appropriate amount of time has passed for the re-awakening. it would have gotten lost in the post-finals shuffles.

now we can grok in fullness.

any other serving up of crow to be done? now's a good time!!

• Like 3

I think the OP has a point. Drumline battles perhaps don't have a rigid set of conduct standards yet, but perhaps they should?

Just because something is more casual and fun doesn't mean there should be rudeness or disrespect IMO.

Edited by luv4corps

I think the OP has a point. Drumline battles perhaps don't have a rigid set of conduct standards yet, but perhaps they should?

Just because something is more casual and fun doesn't mean there should be rudeness or disrespect IMO.

And I'm sure The Academy didn't set out to be disrespectful or rude. Taking selfies and letting your hair down isn't intentionally mocking anyone. Think the OP was reading into things that were not there and were their own opinion.

I get why this thread got brought back up but the original discussion made me want to bang my head against a wall. Like the retreat discussion, there is more than one way to do it. The Academy had some fun with it, and Madison did it more traditionally.

Not like anyone cares about Drumline battle anyway. Outside of the championship week stuff it's the last thing I want to have to sit through at a show.

• Like 1