little respect and dignity from Academy drumline

Next time you do a drumline battle have some respect for the other corps! You didn't see the scouts running around taking selfies and playing games during your turn. They stood at attention and gave you the floor during your performance. poor form Academy poor form.

I'll be sure to pass your message along to someone relevant?

Lol. So now we are analyzing a goofy drumline battle!?!? It's entertainment folks. As I near 50 I initially cringed at it, but came to realize it's all part of the show. DID YOU NOT SEE The drumlines both get together after and shake hands!?!? Seriously. Did you create this thread to shout at the world or just to cause more useless outrage. Next time just email the corps director. It'll save you time and myself as well for having to respond to such a non-issue.

• Like 1

who are you to decide 'is bad form' ?

this is NOT drumline performance. it's drumline Battle.

the encores and respect and proper audienceship between corps? those still exist in all the same places they always existed.

but DLB is a venue created specifically for 'wildness,' so why are you worked up about it existing thusly? DLB hasn't, as far as I can tell, had an effect on the elements of the activity that pre-dated it.

I think this is the bottom line. DLB is not a competition, performance or anything more than just 2 drumlines taking a few shots at each other in good natured fun. I don't think it was ever intended to be anything more and I doubt that many - if any - of the members who participate in it take it all that seriously. I wouldn't be surprised if the Madison drumline weren't lauging their a**es off inside at Academy's antics.

If DCI can't be fun, then what is the freaking point, people!!!!!!!!!!!!? This is a serious problem with some Corps. They have sticks stuck up their bums.

Next time you do a drumline battle have some respect for the other corps! You didn't see the scouts running around taking selfies and playing games during your turn. They stood at attention and gave you the floor during your performance. poor form Academy poor form.

• Like 1

I'm obviously in the minority here which is fine with me. Its my opinion and some agree and some don't. Next time you find

Yourself watching the drumline not playing during the drumline battle the point has been lost.

Well I appreciate your opinion. I guess my question is: you actually watch it in Ernest? Most of the lines play two excerpts from the show they have. It's not like they are spending hours in practice planning their routine.

Well I appreciate your opinion. I guess my question is: you actually watch it in Ernest? Most of the lines play two excerpts from the show they have. It's not like they are spending hours in practice planning their routine.

Sorry sounded more like a place in Texas rather than a serious question.