SCV was awesome, although I think there were some intonation issues in the trumpet feature tonight. Darned Texas weather...

Crossmen were a home state favorite. I can see why they are placing where they are. Seems like the crossmen of old are slowly coming back.

Blue stars were very clean. That muffled dynamic range is going to be the end of them in GE and music. The "impact" moments would have been spectacular if they had "oomph" behind them. Not to be seen. Very clever guard references to side show acts like the conjoined twins and sad clowns.

Blue Knights are playing hardball. Mature sounds and that guard disappearing and appearing from behind mirrors is very effective live. That closer needs serious visual attention to get rid of those collisions. Give them a few more years and they will be right up there with the big boys.

SCV looking very crisp visually. A few droplet sound effects added in the ballad? Or I didn't hear them in Denton. Once the pop comes through in these visuals they are going to have lots of moments. Love the color pallets the guard use throughout. The copper and opener flags are awesome. Drums as clean as anything. Very good package.

BD is up.

• Like 1

SCV looked to have a great run tonight based on the periscope feeds. Looked like a good audience too. Having been to this show many times the last 15 years I completely agree that this show isn't what it used to be ever since it was moved to occur after San Antonio. So glad Denton has drawn well (and has had a killer lineup for many years) but at the same time it's sad because the Dallas show has a ton of history and is one of the longest standing shows in the country. The rise of the Denton show has definitely been at the expense of the Dallas show, that is for certain.

Edited by scvphan

watching blue devils on periscope now

Blue stars were very clean. That muffled dynamic range is going to be the end of them in GE and music. The "impact" moments would have been spectacular if they had "oomph" behind them. Not to be seen. Very clever guard references to side show acts like the conjoined twins and sad clowns.

Yep. No argument there.

I saw scv added a lot of body to the coil opening. Dirty but my be sweet when cleaned

It's actually an inductor symbol! I'm excited to see the new additions!

Also, the "droplet" sounds someone mentioned are sonar beeps, which tesla invented the technology behind!

EDIT: you aren't wrong btw, inductors are just coils of wires, but I like to feel smart

EDIT2: *whisper* inductors also work by black magic */whisper*

Edited by Clutchtow

Blue stars were very clean. That muffled dynamic range is going to be the end of them in GE and music. The "impact" moments would have been spectacular if they had "oomph" behind them.

I kind of understand why they are holding back, but I'm also afraid of the hornline not being able to reach it's full potential come finals.

Edited by rancidrolla

Crossmen were a home state favorite. I can see why they are placing where they are. Seems like the crossmen of old are slowly coming back.

Blue Knights are playing hardball. Mature sounds and that guard disappearing and appearing from behind mirrors is very effective live. That closer needs serious visual attention to get rid of those collisions. Give them a few more years and they will be right up there with the big boys.

SCV looking very crisp visually. A few droplet sound effects added in the ballad? Or I didn't hear them in Denton. Once the pop comes through in these visuals they are going to have lots of moments. Love the color pallets the guard use throughout. The copper and opener flags are awesome. Drums as clean as anything. Very good package.

BD is up.

It's funny because Blue Stars are doing bad in GE visual not music. I would love more dynamics but I like the sound quality.
  • Like 1