Open or World Class?

Hey guys, I'm currently 17, a senior in high school, living in Arizona, and I'm interested in auditioning for a core. However I don't know if I should start with open or world class, because The Academy is actually not too far away from where I live, and I was thinking of auditioning there to begin with because they're so close! I want to audition for a marimba part in the front ensemble because that's what I mainly play, however I was thinking of auditioning on synth or possibly for colorguard too, because I have some experience with piano, and I did winterguard for 2 years at my high school. But as far as class goes, what would you suggest?

Yknow, it can't hurt to audition and at least get that experience. Its about you checking them out as much as them checking you out. Their members seem to enjoy their time there so why not? The key is, if you don't have a spot after two or three camps, it's time to move on and write to several of the open class corps. Many of those corps will likely have at least one spot left open by February, or even March. I wouldn't let it get much later in the season than that though.

my daughter was 15 when she started auditioning. we chose corps that we could reasonablely travel to and that she was interested in. auditioning for multiple corps gives you experience and you get to see if that Corp is a good fit. the first year was enlightening for us, the second year, this year, she was much more comfortable at auditions and was contracted