5K Run During DCI Championships

Have you guys heard about the StreetBeat5K? It's a 5K run/walk/jazz run that takes place the Saturday of DCI Finals. The fee is only $35, and HALF of your fee goes to support the music program of your choice. You can support your favorite corps, or even a marching band program, if you want! The run is timed, and you get a nice T-shirt out of the deal. I ran last year and had a blast.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hope to see you there! (I'll be the one in the red and black/ 9 rings of hell outfit on.. because dressing up for 5Ks is fun!)

Susie Harloff

http://www.streetbeat5K.com

Edited by Sooze
  • Like 2

I'm gonna do it, I'll be in Indi for a week and a half and this will be a fun event to add to the week! Also, if anyone in Indi can recommend longer running trails that'd be great, I'm training for a marathon and a half and need to keep training during my trip.

I'm gonna do it, I'll be in Indi for a week and a half and this will be a fun event to add to the week! Also, if anyone in Indi can recommend longer running trails that'd be great, I'm training for a marathon and a half and need to keep training during my trip.

The canal area downtown is a GREAT place to run. There is also the Cultural Trail that goes throughout the city that would make a good running trail!

Is there a map of the course? I wasn't able to find one on the website.

Is there a map of the course? I wasn't able to find one on the website.

I haven't seen one yet. Last year it was all along the canal. But this year they are finishing at Lucas Oil... so not sure on that yet! I'll see what I can find out!

I am pretty sure I am going to do it this year. I cheered on my brother last year, but I'm in better shape this year!

• Like 1

I'm working on getting a map for you guys, but this is the route as described on the web site:

The walk/run is scheduled to begin at 8AM. The start will be located at Military Park in beautiful downtown indianpolis. The course will wind along the White River and through White River State Park and past the NCAA museum. From there it heads south and will lead participants to the home of the DCI World Championships - Lucas Oil Stadium.