Murfreesboro, TN: Tour of Champions (7/24/15)

I'm from the camp that a new ending is not something that is going to boost scores...that is with any of the corps...or at least I'd like to see evidence that "a new ending" makes any difference...Crown are one of the masters of excellent execution...that speaks for itself...a new ending....meh.

What would concern me is that in general, their content scores have been down in several areas. Will a new ending 30 seconds or whatever it is change that?

HOWEVER - and this may not be a popular thing to write for Cadets fans, is the adding of a Z-Pull a bit like throwing in the kitchen sink? I will hold judgement until I see it. It's probably going to be crazy good. But after last year's closer throw-ins, I am a bit leary on this one.

Seems to me like that ending drill sequence is already "kitchen sink"-esque. I'm not sure why adding a z-pull would make anyone leary after all that came before it.

• Like 1

it looks great - they just adjusted the final moments after the "TEN" set -- the final company front pulls outward (Z pull in the middle of the front) and they finish in a large arc behind the ten small platforms. Guard drill remains the same. It's an adjustment which heightens the moment. But it is NOT a full Z pull that unwinds with a chromatic scale - just a bit of one. A Mini Z pull. Seemed very cool via periscope last night

I'm in the group of people (probably a small group) that just don't freak out with the Z-pull. Yes it was a cool move 30 years ago, but...that was 30 years ago. The move is more nostalgic now than an impressive drill move. My opinion anyways...

Saying that, I do like the Cadets use of it this year. It fits the music great and is a much better ending than the old run and gun they had before this.

• Like 1

DCI.org has the times listed as Eastern Time ... Murfreesboro is located in the Central Time Zone ...

7:20 PM Welcome and National Anthem

7:30 PM Music City - Nashville, TN
7:47 PMBluecoats - Canton, OH
8:04 PM Blue Knights - Denver, CO
8:21 PM The Cadets - Allentown, PA
8:38 PM Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

8:55 PM Intermission (17 min.)

9:12 PM Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA
9:29 PM Blue Devils - Concord, CA
9:46 PM The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL
10:03 PM Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

10:25 PM Encore: Blue Devils
10:35 PM Awards Ceremony

I'm sorry to the people in this thread, but I didn't want to start a brand new topic just for a one sentence answer and I knew that people would be monitoring this forum through the day and into the night. I noticed that Crossmen last year at finals scored an 86 and change. Is this the highest 12th place scoring in the activity so far? Thank you.

It's so tight this year I consider the top5 to be more like 8-10 corps!

Even the 20th corps are amazing!

I hope they show more of the BD story line and the books.