Murfreesboro, TN: Tour of Champions (7/24/15)

Looks like we've got us a three corps race to the finish!

I doubt it. By Quarter Finals, they'll only be 2, imo.

When was the last time a non G7 Corps topped 2 Corps from the original G7 in the same nite ?

If you answered ..."the first time was tonite ", you would be correct.

Congratulations to the Blue Knights.

I don't think we need to hear anything more about "G7"...ever again.

• Like 4

I noticed during the shows the drum judged looked a tad lost. And also said up front that GE would go to BD tonight. Anyway, congratulations BD. I still don't get Crown over Coats and certainly not over Cadets but I'm hopeful that I'll sort itself out. Frankly the panel tomorrow is pretty green also. We get back into judges with many reads later next week. Congrats BD!

• Like 1

I don't think we need to hear anything more about "G7"...ever again.

Hey, guess how TOC shows came to be? Every time there is a TOC show, it's a reminder of the "G7" whether you like it or not. What BK has done tonight is something I applaud.

• Like 2

I've seen Crown enough times live this season that I'm willing to believe on the right night, they could pop a percussion number that would beat Cadets. The next night, they could lose to PR.

If judges are giving numbers based on the performance of the performers, that's a GOOD thing, not a bad thing. If the kids in the battery get how close they are to being able to finally play with the big boys and girls, drumming-wise, the season might have a few more interesting twists.

or it's the Aungst effect :-)

The butt hurt is strong tonight. I got to see Cadets, Bloo and the first 3 minutes of Crown before the DCI Live Feed was pulled down. I don't know anything about drums but 2nd for Crown does seem surprising. I think them being 3rd in Brass is more surprising. I think everyone clamoring for tomorrow is just upset that <INSERT THEIR CORPS> didn't place well. FYI - Drum judge was right in front of the line for Crown during their solos in the first part of the show.

image-54fcc7d4623b6-137335.jpg

I noticed during the shows the drum judged looked a tad lost. And also said up front that GE would go to BD tonight. Anyway, congratulations BD. I still don't get Crown over Coats and certainly not over Cadets but I'm hopeful that I'll sort itself out. Frankly the panel tomorrow is pretty green also. We get back into judges with many reads later next week. Congrats BD!

Isn't it better to have judges who haven't had many reads of the show? That way, they can tell it how it is without any preconceived notions.

• Like 1

Hey, guess how TOC shows came to be? Every time there is a TOC show, it's a reminder of the "G7" whether you like it or not. What BK has done tonight is something I applaud.

Yeah...I know how the TOC got started.

Let's just say Mark Arnold just put the nail in the G7 coffin tonight.

• Like 2