Murfreesboro, TN: Tour of Champions (7/24/15)

Prediction:

1. Cadets

2. BD

3. Crown

4. Bluecoats

5. SCV

6. Cavies

7. PR

8. BK

Prediction:

1. Cadets

2. BD

3. Crown

4. Bluecoats

5. SCV

6. Cavies

7. PR

8. BK

You might be correct with regard to 6 through 8 because of PR and Cavies performance time - or maybe not. Following Cadets, Crown, SCV and BD might be a detriment as well.

1. Cadets (90.55)

2. Blue Devils (89.75)

3. Carolina Crown (89.60)

4. Santa Clara Vanguard (89.15)

5. Bluecoats (88.80)

6. Blue Knights (85.45)

7. Cavaliers (85.20)

8. Phantom Regiment (84.15)

• Like 2

I predict placements in Atlanta will show several changes in the top 5 from what may be the results of this TOC show...as in maybe 4 of the 5 being different.

I could see Crown leapfrogging BD, but not Bluecoats passing SCV. And right now Cadets is a lock for first on Saturday.

I could see Crown leapfrogging BD, but not Bluecoats passing SCV. And right now Cadets is a lock for first on Saturday.

SCV has yet to beat Bluecoats, Cadets lead has pretty much stayed under .5, and Crown was over a point behind BD at their last meetup...............let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 5

Just a little bit of travel advice:

If you're coming to Murfreesboro via I-24, take exit 81B onto Hwy 231. Go north. In about a block, take a right onto Rutherford Blvd (after Wendy's). Stay on that road the entire time. When you see a walmart on your right, you're close. The university will be two blocks on the left. Take a left onto MTSU Blvd. You'll pass by the lot where the corps caravans are parked. You can park in the lot adjacent to them.

It may seem like a long drive, but it's NOTHING like the nightmare that is the Hwy 96/Stones River exit by the major shopping areas. It will crawl worse than the Washington Bridge.

If you're coming from the east on I-40, get off at the Lebanon exit (Hwy 231). Go south until you get to the Boro. The signs for MTSU will be one of the first things you'll see when you get into town.

If anyone wants restaurant info, just ask.

• Like 1

You might be correct with regard to 6 through 8 because of PR and Cavies performance time - or maybe not. Following Cadets, Crown, SCV and BD might be a detriment as well.

Not sure what Cavies or BK have been doing this week, but PR has been working hard in relative privacy in Conway, Arkansas. Long days with night ensembles usually mean big changes. Plus, they've brought in some reinforcement to help in various captions. Looking forward to watching this on DCI Live.

I'm super excited! We finally get to see how much Crown's new ending helps their score! Most of the corps are coming off a day without a competition. This'll be interesting, folks.

I'm from the camp that a new ending is not something that is going to boost scores...that is with any of the corps...or at least I'd like to see evidence that "a new ending" makes any difference...Crown are one of the masters of excellent execution...that speaks for itself...a new ending....meh.

I'm from the camp that a new ending is not something that is going to boost scores...that is with any of the corps...or at least I'd like to see evidence that "a new ending" makes any difference...Crown are one of the masters of excellent execution...that speaks for itself...a new ending....meh.

ive seen it go both ways. Sometimes the element of surprise, power push that wasn't there before etc etc. ive also seen it flop. all about the right thing, the clean thing, the exciting or subtle thing and was it worth it. Some will say no others yes i suppose.