Murfreesboro, TN: Tour of Champions (7/24/15)

ive seen it go both ways. Sometimes the element of surprise, power push that wasn't there before etc etc. ive also seen it flop. all about the right thing, the clean thing, the exciting or subtle thing and was it worth it. Some will say no others yes i suppose.

That makes sense...and you make a good point...my scale is just tipped in the direction that it really does not have an affect...

Phantom 2008.

I'll just leave that right here....

• Like 1

No doubt in my mind, a new ending is more likely helpful, than not. Particularly if the corps performs it before a judge who was detailed in what he/she would have preferred to see from the previous concluding image. Bottom line, no impressions are stronger than the First and Last impression. Atlanta and Allentown should be fun!

Not sure if Bluecoats will premiere an updated version of their ending tonight. They might. They had a terrific performance in Mississippi and were less than a point from BD, so I think they will do well. Also still not sure what I think of the Blue Devils new ending. A little better than the old one I guess, but now they have a lot more to clean. Saw a short clip of the Cadets slightly altered "new" ending from last night in Alabama -- WOW, now that's an ending!! The "Z-Pull" is in.

• Like 1

Kinda wish the show was back at Vandy Stadium, but kinda glad it isn't at the same time.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

Not sure if Bluecoats will premiere an updated version of their ending tonight. They might. They had a terrific performance in Mississippi and were less than a point from BD, so I think they will do well. Also still not sure what I think of the Blue Devils new ending. A little better than the old one I guess, but now they have a lot more to clean. Saw a short clip of the Cadets slightly altered "new" ending from last night in Alabama -- WOW, now that's an ending!! The "Z-Pull" is in.

Really? A Z-pull? I know the history with the Z-Pull - Cadets. I also know that Bluecoats did a Double-Z last year - which was incredible as well.

HOWEVER - and this may not be a popular thing to write for Cadets fans, is the adding of a Z-Pull a bit like throwing in the kitchen sink? I will hold judgement until I see it. It's probably going to be crazy good. But after last year's closer throw-ins, I am a bit leary on this one.

Edited by drumcorpsfever

Really? A Z-pull? I know the history with the Z-Pull - Cadets. I also know that Bluecoats did a Double-Z last year - which was incredible as well.

HOWEVER - and this may not be a popular thing to write for Cadets fans, is the adding of a Z-Pull a bit like throwing in the kitchen sink? I will hold judgement until I see it. It's probably going to be crazy good. But after last year's closer throw-ins, I am a bit leary on this one.

it looks great - they just adjusted the final moments after the "TEN" set -- the final company front pulls outward (Z pull in the middle of the front) and they finish in a large arc behind the ten small platforms. Guard drill remains the same. It's an adjustment which heightens the moment. But it is NOT a full Z pull that unwinds with a chromatic scale - just a bit of one. A Mini Z pull. Seemed very cool via periscope last night

• Like 1