Murfreesboro, TN: Tour of Champions (7/24/15)

"DCI.org for iPad"

many thanks.......

2015 Cadets are on another level than Cadets 2008.

The 2015 show as a whole is for sure on another level than the 2008 one. That's not even close to being up to debate. The ending of 2008 has this year's beat right now though.

I agree with your first sentence to some extent. Back in the 80s (and 1990) the effect was amazing because it was different and unique. If you were at Finals in 2003 you could see how the "Z-Pull" just didn't have the same effect, even though I like that show.

They [Cadets] have avoided using such a move and have been masters at finding other ways to end their shows (except for last year, where throwing the kitchen sink killed what I thought was a truly great and stately show). But from what I can tell on the Periscope video of last night in Alabama, the move they pull has the effect of a Z but it isn't a full unwinding Z with chromatic run in the brass and mallets. It's just a teaser and gets the crowd jumpin' considering the speed and what just came before it. Honestly, before they put that change in I thought they had a little Z-like motion with the pull form to the company front. So if anything they have just highlighted that move to make it more stately and exciting.

I agree the Z-pull fits in great this year. The move and the music mesh very well and ends the show almost perfectly for this show. I'm just saying I'm not one to go OMG OMG THEY DID THE Z-PULL OMG OMG. The move by itself isn't anything great to me. But I respect what it did for the activity back in the 80's and 90's.

Jeremy., on 23 Jul 2015 - 11:19 PM, said:snapback.png

prediction for this show...

Cadets
BD
Crown
Coats
SCV
Cavies
BK
Phantom

Saturday will be different though.

I don't understand?

By "Saturday," I mean the day after today (tomorrow).

And by "will be different," I mean that the placements will not be the same as they are today (the day before tomorrow, which is Saturday).

Hope that cleared things up.

:lol:

• Like 1

I'll be there, too! If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me. :P

If I lived in that area, I think I would make a point of doing so.

• Like 1

Among the Top 5, it's truly anyone's game. It all depends on what their strengths and weaknesses are during their performances.

It's make it or break it time for BD this weekend.

Cadets are dangerous for August surges and Crown has that incredible guard. Not to mention Coats and SCV in the mix as well.

Good Luck everyone and have your best shows from here on out. We are the ones who will benefit from it the most!

• Like 2

Is there a BBQ joint near the show? HELP!!!!

:)

Honestly, before they put that change in I thought they had a little Z-like motion with the pull form to the company front. So if anything they have just highlighted that move to make it more stately and exciting.

I saw it in the previous ending as well, and thought they might develop it into an X-pull, which would have been really fun.

Cadets are dangerous for August surges and Crown has that incredible guard. Not to mention Coats and SCV in the mix as well.

Good Luck everyone and have your best shows from here on out. We are the ones who will benefit from it the most!

Agreed. We are in for a great weekend and a couple of weeks left to the season.

BD could finish this weekend back in first. Or in second. Or possibly third or even fourth.

I honestly have no idea. I do know that if an when you beat BD it is earned. They are that consistent, that talented and that good.

BD has been right on the heels of Cadets all season so not sure it's gut check time for them just yet. It is make it or break time for Crown, Coats and SCV in my opinion. The last two posted scores this week that indicate they may very well be in the mix. Are they going to sustain and keep moving up, or was this week the, as they say in politics, "dead cat bounce." Crown has been in striking range all year, but neither of the three has actually beaten BD this season. There's a lot of talk about corps "surging", well, it's time to see if they actually are.

Edited by mboogey73
  • Like 1