Murfreesboro, TN: Tour of Champions (7/24/15)

Totally can understand those who don't care for the use of electronics, but here's one fan of it when done with the excellence the Bluecoats have shown the past 3 years...and it's obvious the designers at SCV liked what they heard in TILT last year.

Bravo Vanguard!

• Like 1

great run for SCV - I do with they'd dim the stadium lights a little please...

interesting how this drum judge spends 95% of his time running in front of the batter

pits are quite important these days

love the opener, the ballad and the closer - a very strong show by SCV

No offense to the pit, but I'd spend the majority of my time in front of SCV's battery too.

• Like 3

I guess I'm in the minority here but I see SCV as a clear #5 - not on the same level as the 4 corps ahead of them, design or performance-wise. Hornline sounded really rough tonight, the drill is so dense it borders on unreadable at times, and the horn book is imo, Shaw at his worst.

Thematically, though, I really like the show. Good use of electronics too.

I agree in general. The drill is an issue. They have a caption deficit - batter is extremely strong, but pit not quite as strong so they could end up in 2 or 3 in percussion. Guard is a solid 4th or 5th & brass 4th, 5th or 6th so it is hard for them to move up with such balanced corps in front of them...

It will come down to GE - let's see where they place this weekend in terms of GE

SCV hasn't medaled in over a decade, they won't this year either, but they still put out great visual shows, with good use of color, guard. Way too much use of the goo for my taste, but it does seem to fit the out there theme for them well this year.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Totally can understand those who don't care for the use of electronics, but here's one fan of it when done with the excellence the Bluecoats have shown the past 3 years...and it's obvious the designers at SCV liked what they heard in TILT last year.

Bravo Vanguard!

Maybe the 2 years prior, but this year,way over the top.

Alright BD!!! Bluecoats, Cadets, Crown, and SCV just went balls to the wall and laid down the gauntlet. Whatcha got for them? Lets get it BD!!!

Going back and catching up on some corps I missed.

Cadets were fantastic, with some rough edges to work on. They're beatable, but largely because of some dirt due to their show being so #### difficult. Guard a bit dirty. #### that drumline can play.

Blue Knights have one of my favorite shows of the year, but I still can't help but feel it's a great show being held up by weak bookends. Just as people have commented on Crown's drum feature being out of place (I happen to enjoy it), BK's opening segment takes FAR too long to develop. I'm not quite sure it's setting up the show with as much effect as the designers were hoping. Also, the ending is fantastic, but seems a bit abrupt. That concert snare also seems out of place in I'm Alive. Overall great musical selections and design, with some easily fixable exceptions. Hope they hang on to 6th!