Murfreesboro, TN: Tour of Champions (7/24/15)

I honestly dont know why the Cavaliers arent scoring higher. I saw them at DCI houston and they were my favorite of the night and saw them rehearse the following monday. They have an amazing hornline this year and great drill. I wanna see them place higher but it just dosent seem like it will happen this season.

Edited by BKlover
  • Like 1

Those bass drum heads! Pretty.

• Like 1

Cavaliers music arrangements are their best in years, imo. Visually, it is coming along.. ' not a big fan of the Guard routine this year, but on the whole a solid Corps and an entertaining show from them this season,imo

I honestly dont know why the Cavaliers arent scoring higher. I saw them at DCI houston and they were my favorite of the night and saw them rehearse the following monday. They have an amazing hornline this year and great drill. I wanna see them place higher but it just dosent seem like it will happen this season.

it's incredibly dirty from the 30 seconds I watched

i still feel like they're trying to be the "gaines" cavies. and they're clearly not. wish they'd establish a new visual identity instead of trying to recapture the old.

Gaines was an extension of Brubaker -- so I'm not sure the "identity" they'd need other than no longer Cavaliers with geometric drill and masculine vibe

This year's guard is weak and the drill with the brass book is a bit over the members heads -- they just got a little too difficult

It would have helped to write part of the show and start teaching - then adjust

I feel like they showed up with the complete show to teach and now realize "oops we have 2 weeks left" rather than take a more organic process

Cavaliers in the 2000s could get away with that due to the tenure and talent - they were loaded each year and their visual techs (and gains) were phenomenal

They need to write a strong, driving music book next year and take a more disciplined approach on the visual end - write it conservative - teach and then add more as its mastered

G.

• Like 1

lance you killed the thread. (or all the cadets fans left after the cadets performed -- wait that never happens!)

crown has maybe the most musical program i've ever seen. no joke.

brass is always there, but the front ensemble writing, and ESPECIALLY the visual interpretation by the guard is extraordinary.

• Like 1

Design is just not fresh or even clearly threaded. And if DCI has proven anything, you can't out place shoe design by more than a spot or two, no matter how well you perform. The kids seemed ready to take another step, design team just took a step back. It happens.