DCI SOUTHEASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP OFFICIAL THREAD

I think "terrible" is a bit of an exaggeration. I'm in no way a fan of any show PR has produced in the last few years but they're no where near "terrible"....not even in that stratosphere.

That's cause the identity you fell in love with moved to Vanguard a few years ago. J.D. Shaw: Horn God.

• Like 1

Hearing rumors that Spirit was asked to do the Encore. Probably just a few Corps songs.

Phantom is much, much improved from a month ago. Having a hot run doesn't hurt either. Watching them practice in So. Cal., i never thought they could turn that show into this show. They deserve a lot of credit.

Edited by 27Socal

I do really like Claire de Lune, its the only part that's not so "plastic" and the guard is really pretty,

Claire de Lune is a beautiful song ... Phantom's arrangement of it sucks though.
  • Like 2

Phantom has gotten a lot of criticism this year but one of my favorite things about Phantom is their use of colors. The flags and guard uniform changes are really pretty... and so is that drum major according to eeeeeveryone sitting around me in Houston.

I will agree with their use of color to add to the show but this is not the same phantom. They just have no draw this year. No big moment that just brings you in. I don't know if they are just young this year or what it is with them but its going to be the bottom 6 for them in the years to come if they don't get their act together.

wow Phantom just brought the house down. biggest response of the night